An interesting Wiimote Malfunction... Help?

Curlycarlo

Actually CurlyCarlos
Dec 31, 2007
Hey everyone, I've had by Wii since June and have loved it. However, recently I've had a really odd problem with one of my two Wiimotes.

Basically, it works pretty much normally on its own. Sometimes it won't be able to recognize the Wii, but most of the time that doesn't happen. The main problem occurs when I plug in my Nunchuk. The cursor freezes, and the remote sometimes rumbles. The lights turn off, and it doesn't work at all. When I unplug the Nunchuk, it takes about three seconds for it to work again. I've tried everything: Both nunchuks, new batteries, trying things on a second controller, re syncing, wiping the syncs clean and starting over, blowing in the port, and like Gizmodo says, hitting it in my hand. My sensor bar is fine, and this has only started happening recently. If there's no easy fix, I can exchange it, but I'd love if anyone here could help me. Thanks in advance!

sounds a lil strange maybe, when u took out the nunchuck one day u prob disturbed somethin, try opening it up and seeing if anything is lose....if u dont want to do that just buy a new one

I see where you're coming from, but both of my nunchuks do this and I don't have a trigram screwdriver....

hmm. sounds extremely complicated and id have no idea for anything you could do. however since you have a warranty, instead of frustrating yourself trying to fix the thing just exchange it. and if you cant exchange it call nintendo, and maybe they'll send you a new one.

I'll bump this one more time. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

try using a cotton cloth to wipe the nunchuck port

if that doesnt work, add a LITTLE bit of water to the cloth, SO LITTLE THAT YOU CAN BARELY EVEN TELL ITS THERE and wipe the port, then let it dry.

not even a wipe, just a few gentle touches and slides.

Back