An Open Letter to Nintendo

superfan

WiiChat Member
Oct 12, 2007
Hello,
Yesterday, the devastating news about Super Smash Brothers Brawl's delay until Febuary 10th came as a crushing blow to millions of Nintendo fans. I've been visiting smashbros.com every weekday before school for the last few months eagerly keeping up with the latest updates. However, despite not having this game for the holidays, Nintendo cheered me up by releasing a playable demo of the game for a tech show in California today (10/12). Nintendo has the ability to release bonus material via the wii shop channel. Previously, this amazing method of sharing things with eager gamers has only been used to broadcast Metroid Prime Corruption videos and the Opera browser. Since huge numbers of fans love brawl, or would love brawl if they never played melee (since the wii is quickly becoming the most popular game console ever), releasing the playable demo on the wii shop channel would be an amazing buisness move for Nintendo. They would launch a great program with one of the most anticipated games for the wii, satisfy devoted gamers for the few extra months they have to wait, and increase their potential buyership and audience. Nintendo recently announced they would be transforming the Wii into a DS demo center, so allowing Wii games would only excite gamers more! This demo already features many of the characters that is making Brawl so eagerly expected; Pit, Metaknight, and even Sonic! Please release this demo to the masses; give me something to satisfy my thirst until the game comes out.
Thank you,
Just one of the millions of eager gamers.

I just got a response 3:30 PM 10/15/07: Personal but disappointing.

Message(#6851-000620-1379\6201379)

Hello,

I empathize with your frustration at having to wait a little longer to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Like you, many of us here were counting down the days until the December release.

Having said that, we know that the development team has been working to make this edition of Super Smash Bros. the best ever, and wouldn't push back a firm release date unless there was a good reason to do so. It's worth noting that there are still many things about this game that haven't yet been revealed. On behalf of Nintendo I ask for your patience as we prepare for the February 10th launch date.

Some of you have asked if we're planning to release a demo of the game. Nothing has been announced, but typically game demos are released to familiarize players with a game they hadn't heard of and encourage them to buy it. I think you'll agree that's really not the case with Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

By the way, for the latest news and information on this upcoming title, please stay tuned to Nintendo's official Super Smash Bros. Brawl website. I've included a direct link to it below:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Travis Wise

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly 1000% agree.
Nice letter, here's hoping they actually listen.
Good work man.

I don't really like the idea of a demo and besides... it would be like a LOT to download.
Anyway, Nintendo is not really the give-demo-type.

maybe more people need to send similar letters?
Might make more of an impact... but nice idea, I recentyl did something similar to a business asking for updates.. but for a holiday destination in the maldives, not a game!!

honestly i wouldnt want a demo of ssbb...to me it will kind of ruin the enjoyment of when i first hold the game in my hands. ill just sit here calmly and wait..lol

=o That would take like the whole 512MB for a demo channel with all the intense graphics, gameplay, and characters.......and It would take forever to download with the server overload lol.

A smart buisness move, whats one of them?

We wont get the demo, no much how we play its just not really Nintendo. Besides they showered us with 'goodies' recently to soften the blow, I mean look at the recent updates... Online, sonic, online co-op etc.

Same with mario kart.

Am I the only one who seems to have realized that this person is confused?

This site is not run by Nintendo, it is unofficial. If you would like to send a letter to Nintendo, please refer to www.nintendo.com and contact them via e-mail.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Am I the only one who seems to have realized that this person is confused?

This site is not run by Nintendo, it is unofficial. If you would like to send a letter to Nintendo, please refer to www.nintendo.com and contact them via e-mail.

i made the assumption s/he had sent it to ninty as well

Back