Another year another for the Nintendo; What Will Wii See?

LeWaffles

CUSTOM
Jul 25, 2007
Around Chicago
What do you hope for the Wii next year? What new games will be announced? What games will be a hit? a flop? What else would you like from Nintendo?
Headset support, no FC's, easier networking between users, name it in Steve's (wii-fi) thread, right here:
Edit sorry if the thread tittle does not make sense. It shouldn't it's a huge typo.

To tell you the truth, I think it will be a let down, even though Wii is selling a whole lot, I think that there still wont be many good games aside from Nintendo games. I think even the games that are being looked foward to wont be as good as people hope. I really think developers are attracted to high graphics instead of making a profit with the Wii. How ironic eh? o_O

Good, I love threads like these. I can just keep typing until the creative juices quit flowin'.

Predictions for hardware:

Bluetooth headsets are enabled through a firmware update

The firmware is also updated to be compatible with hard drives.

The Wii menu is either expanded to include 60 total slots, or the virtual console gets it's own channel (As does wii ware)

A Demo Channel is released. (Or Nintendo begins using Everybody's Nintendo Channel for Wii demos)

A new Wii SKU is rumored throughout the entirety of 2008. But, nothing official is confirmed.

Wii software

Mario Kart is delayed until August

Animal Crossing, Disaster, Wii Music, and Star Fox wii are all given release dates at E3. (All for 2008)

Pikmin is announced, but not released next year.

Brawl finishes well ahead of Halo 3 in review score. I'm going to say it'll finish in that 96& range. It also sells like crazy. Topping top ten lists for at least 2 straight months. (Mostly due to a mild gaming drought)

A new Zelda Wii trailer is.. Not shown at E3. But there are rumors and a "leak" of some sort.

Developers jump all over the Wii balance board. (Not literally of course) The first few games don't implement if very well. But, near the end, Retro steps in with their new game. (And yes, is uses the Balance Board) and blows us away

Wiiware:

A Zelda: The Four Swords Sequel. But with online co-op.

At least one mario game released through Wiiware. (Not counting Dr. Mario)

Another Pokemon title, not counting Pokemon Ranch, is announced through Wiiware.

A sequel of "Tanks" the wiiplay title comes to Wiiware.

1-2 Wiiware titles (With the occasional big 3-4) launch every Friday in North America starting in April.

Virtual Console:

Smash Bros. is released in Jan.
Donkey Kong 64 is released in the summer.
Rare releases another title other then 64 for Christmas 08.

The Industry

The wii continues it's World Wide dominance: (With some help from Wii fit and Wii music)

Wii: 40 million worldwide
360: 32 million
PS3: 29 milion

is smash bros. realky coming out for VC in jan. ????????????

I love the ideas in the game informer article. It would be so cool to see the home screen looking something like what they put together and the idea for different profiles is another great idea because I share my Wii with my brother.

I'd also like to see a Wii headset out sometime this year, I'd get good use out of that.

nic7 said:
Good, I love threads like these. I can just keep typing until the creative juices quit flowin'.

Predictions for hardware:

Bluetooth headsets are enabled through a firmware update

The firmware is also updated to be compatible with hard drives.

The Wii menu is either expanded to include 60 total slots, or the virtual console gets it's own channel (As does wii ware)

A Demo Channel is released. (Or Nintendo begins using Everybody's Nintendo Channel for Wii demos)

A new Wii SKU is rumored throughout the entirety of 2008. But, nothing official is confirmed.

Wii software

Mario Kart is delayed until August

Animal Crossing, Disaster, Wii Music, and Star Fox wii are all given release dates at E3. (All for 2008)

Pikmin is announced, but not released next year.

Brawl finishes well ahead of Halo 3 in review score. I'm going to say it'll finish in that 96& range. It also sells like crazy. Topping top ten lists for at least 2 straight months. (Mostly due to a mild gaming drought)

A new Zelda Wii trailer is.. Not shown at E3. But there are rumors and a "leak" of some sort.

Developers jump all over the Wii balance board. (Not literally of course) The first few games don't implement if very well. But, near the end, Retro steps in with their new game. (And yes, is uses the Balance Board) and blows us away

Wiiware:

A Zelda: The Four Swords Sequel. But with online co-op.

At least one mario game released through Wiiware. (Not counting Dr. Mario)

Another Pokemon title, not counting Pokemon Ranch, is announced through Wiiware.

A sequel of "Tanks" the wiiplay title comes to Wiiware.

1-2 Wiiware titles (With the occasional big 3-4) launch every Friday in North America starting in April.

Virtual Console:

Smash Bros. is released in Jan.
Donkey Kong 64 is released in the summer.
Rare releases another title other then 64 for Christmas 08.

The Industry

The wii continues it's World Wide dominance: (With some help from Wii fit and Wii music)

Wii: 40 million worldwide
360: 32 million
PS3: 29 milion

I dont think anything you said on the hardware side of things will become a reality except headsets. Nintendo doesnt want hard drives and there is no room for wii demos without them.
I think most of software ideas are likely except the retro thing even though if any company could nail it they could. Also mabye its a bit early for a new Zelda trailer.
I think all your Wii Ware stuff is just wishful thinking. sorry.
i think your right that the PS3 will pick up but Wii will still have a sizable lead.
Nice to hear your thoughts.:cool:

Back