Anybody use a zelda guidebook to beat the game?

LAME! - Cheats and Guidebooks are a NO!, Unless you've already completed it then it's ok to try and see how fast you can do it [ASLONG as you've completed it first]

And I've said before in another post [Just a minute ago actually]

I only cheat on one game - GTA [AFTER I've completed it I make a Cheat file for mess abouts]

I got the Guide Book after I beat it just because I felt like getting it. I've got the Wind Waker one (despite not having WindWaker :crazy:), Majora='s Mask and OoT. Kinda collecting them I guess...

But I'm with Wii Smurf, cheats and walkthroguhs ruin a game and delete all traces of difficulty/challenge which is what makes games fun, being challenged.

I have to admit I have resorted to walkthroughs in the past. I always try to figure it out myself first but sometimes it seems impossible.
For example.
In Mario Sunshine I got to Yoshi's fruit adventure and wandered around for hours trying to find out what to do. Couldn't find Yoshi anywhere. I then looked it up and found out you need to skip this level go to another entirly different level and unlock Yoshi and then go back.
How the hell would I have known that?

problem with some games is that they make the solution impossibly unreal. they make puzzles sometimes too hard, in a game there should be clues to allow you to work out the puzzle. not just throw 3 random objects into the equation and let unlogic amalgamation take its course.

Stallyon said:
problem with some games is that they make the solution impossibly unreal. they make puzzles sometimes too hard, in a game there should be clues to allow you to work out the puzzle. not just throw 3 random objects into the equation and let unlogic amalgamation take its course.

I completly agree.

Dont buy a guide book, check online, there are many walk throughs...but yeah I agree, only use a walkthrough/guidebook if you are really really really really suck and have been stuck for like two hours or something.

nevernevernever

I only use guidebooks when ive finished the game and need to find stuff... (like heart pieces and orbs and whatever)

I actually was stuck once and didnt know what to do, so i read the little help section of the manual... following its advice actually led me to the cave that i was overlooking.

neat huh?:)

i finished with gamespot guide
however, im beating ww and ocarina without one.
and im trying to beat tp without one now.

I have the player's guide, but I'm not going to use it till I beat the game, and I only look at the pictures up to the point I am, so I don't see any spoilers. I have used walkthroughs twice I think, when I've been stuck for like two hours, like Josh said. I've got the Magic Armor and all the Golden Bugs on my own, though.

I have it, but haven't used it. Having never bought a guide before, I bought it stupidly forgetting it would have a walkthrough, expecting a companion - you know, monster compendium and such. having looked at a couple of things I have allready finished, noticed several errors. (like chest contents are wrong and the like) So I really don't think it was worth it.

You thought it would have extra info on the enemies and Hyrule locales thrown in for fun, like flavor text? I was hoping that too. It doesn't have anything like that. It's cheap and lame. It barely has any art, and what it does have is used more than once. Player's guides used to be better.

its daft i looked at one in the store for that but it didnt have it... but i stupidly bought it any way.. aw aste of my "well earned" 13 quid...:mad5:

i did pretty much the whole game without help. i only checked gamefaqs.com like 3 times for help with various spots, mostly with the final battle against the final boss (don't want to say who incase someone doesn't know who it is yet, dont want to spoil it). But I only needed help with that last fight because it was kind of tricky for me, but I must say I'm proud of myself going nearly 60 hours of gameplay with VERY little help.

Back