Are you serious? >:(

kikae

Ancient Brawler
Jan 29, 2009
Maryland
Wii Online Code
5805-3018-2025-1718
i just got metroid another M, and guess what, it f***ing doesn't work, can someone help me with this?

i just got metroid another M, and guess what, it f***ing doesn't work, can someone help me with this?

I can. Your problem is most likely with dual layer disks. There are a few Wii games that are dual layer, in particular the ones I've seen are SSBB, Sakura Wars, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Other M.

My original Wii will not play any dual layer disks either, but it isn't a problem as we have a 2nd Wii so I just play those games on that one.

You can try a Wii Cleaning Kit. They are officially made by Nintendo and cost about $15. It does help with some disk errors but I couldn't gaurantee that it'd fix them all.

If your Wii is still under warranty then you can send it off and they will repair/replace it for free. The turnaround is usually about a week. If your Wii is no longer under warranty then you may still be able to get it repaired for free as Nintendo aknowledged the dual layer problem when SSBB released and extended their service to cover Wii's that purely had issues with dual layer disks.

I'm sorry that there isn't a real instant fix but at least you have some idea of the problem now and how to get it resolved.

Look at Nintendo's website for more information on their RMA process.
http://http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/index.jsp

lol i bought the cleaner thingy, and it work to play another M so thanks :)
PS: the lens where black dirty

im in the same boat as well. I bought other M and it wouldnt play. I took it back before i looked up the issues. Got a replacement and it still wouldnt work.
I have a box of the Wii lense cleaner on hand and i tried that, it cleaned it up some but still wont play Other M. On the same night my 360 red ringed on me. lol what a night! Im going to send my Wii back to Nintendo, i had to do this before as my Wii wouldnt play any games :(

im in the same boat as well. I bought other M and it wouldnt play. I took it back before i looked up the issues. Got a replacement and it still wouldnt work.
I have a box of the Wii lense cleaner on hand and i tried that, it cleaned it up some but still wont play Other M. On the same night my 360 red ringed on me. lol what a night! Im going to send my Wii back to Nintendo, i had to do this before as my Wii wouldnt play any games :(

Wow really not your lucky day! Luckily Nintendo's RMA process is pretty quick.

I love Other M. I can see why some people have issues with it but I thought that it was a great Metroid experience.

Yeah Nintendo is pretty quick with repairs. I had to send my Wii in before because it wouldnt play SSBB or any other Wii games. It took Nintendo maybe 5-7 days and it was back at the house! All i had to do was xfer my saved game data and redownload my VC games. I hope this time around it will be as fast.

Before i send it off i want to get my 360 back up so i can atleast watch netflix in my room. Ive been loving netflix wii haha.

Back