Australian Wii Shop Channel - Error 208002

gravitek

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
Hi all,
I've been trying to buy Wii points with a credit card on the Wii shop channel in Australia since about the 28th of December 2006. Every time I enter my credit card details, i get the error message:

Error Code 208002

The address you've entered is incorrect

Please verify the information and try again.

It's making me very frustrated! Why doesn't Nintendo want my money! What makes matters worse is that there are NO wii shop cards in all EBGames stores available in my state at this moment... argh! I can't find any other vendors either... places like Target, Kmart and Myer are lucky to have the actual system let alone a wii shop points card!

PS. Everything else like browsing the Wii Shop Channel, the Weather Channel and the Internet Channel work - so I can't see it being my internet connection.

Thanks

I've been getting the exact same message. I rang Nintendo today and the woman asked me to check if my country was set to Australia when I said yes the woman said something like "We don't actually know what this error means, but give us your contact details and we'll give you a call as soon as we do."

Oh, and the wii points cards are sold out everywhere here too.

mine doesnt work whatsoever! i called them and they said i would have to send it in, i think i might now seeing as its past new years and Xmas!

well... if you are desperate to play toejam and earl like i was (or many of the other titles available including turbografx games that arent even available in AU)... you CAN change your country to United Kingdom, buy the Wii points in UK Pounds (which your bank will charge a conversion fee for, and will probably make a conversion of Pounds to AUD higher than what xe.com says) and successfuly buy the wii points, and download the game.

Please note however, that once you set your country back to Australia, you will most likely lose your Wii shop points in the channel, and most likely, the game also... so do this at your own risk!

Chames said:
I've been getting the exact same message. I rang Nintendo today and the woman asked me to check if my country was set to Australia when I said yes the woman said something like "We don't actually know what this error means, but give us your contact details and we'll give you a call as soon as we do."

Hi Chimes, did you give them your contact details? Please let us know if you hear anything. I have successfully added Wii points twice but as of last night 01/01/07 I got the same error code 208002. I have not changed any settings so it appears to be a problem at the Nintendo end.

lets all call up tomorrow and report this... it's pretty obvious that the phone "technicians" at Nintendo Australia are reading a script off a computer screen and are only too quick to tell you its something wrong with the console or you're not covered under warranty (try telling them there's something wrong with your DS)

There's nothing wrong with saying 'ive spoken on a forum and other Australian users are experiencing the same problem' and infact by saying that, youll most likely speed up the likelihood of getting it fixed...

The number is (03) 9730 9822

Same problem here, although she (the Nintendo phone girl) said that 'Dave' will get back to me. Who the hell is Dave? And why next week?

I was able to buy points last year until about the 29th December.

jimbot said:
Same problem here, although she (the Nintendo phone girl) said that 'Dave' will get back to me. Who the hell is Dave? And why next week?

I was able to buy points last year until about the 29th December.

When did you ring them... and who is this mysterious and all powerful Dave?

I just want some wii points :(

I got a call from nintendo this morning and they said that it should be working again. I haven't tested it though because I bought some points off the UK shop last night (cost me $17 instead of $15).

Chames said:
I got a call from nintendo this morning and they said that it should be working again. I haven't tested it though because I bought some points off the UK shop last night (cost me $17 instead of $15).

I got a call from Dave too... and I've done exactly the same thing... I'm going to try my best to finish toejam and earl before i try to set my country back to Australia...

...the only difference so far is the loss of the weather channel... big whoop haha... open the window!

I changed back to Australia after I bought the points and they were all still there

I get exactly the same error message

Where are you supposed to enter your address?

Has anyone actually gotten into the shop and bought game yet?

Back