Beatles Edition of Guitar Hero is a possibility

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
Martin Bandier, a top executive at the music publishing company that owns the Lennon-McCartney song writing copyrights, has said he'd be interested in a dedicated edition of Guitar Hero for the Beatles.

"It's something we have talked about and something I'd like to pursue," said Bandier to the Los Angeles Times.

Traditionally, the rights to cover Beatles tracks have been notoriously hard to obtain, but copyright owner Sony/ATV Music Publishing has recently loosened its stance, allowing a number of companies to use the songs in advertisements.

Activision has yet to comment on the matter, but it'd be daft not to pursue a potentially massive opportunity like this.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184941

The Beatles have some good music, but I don't quite think it's fit for the GH series. It seems a little odd.

I got news for you, the wii was designed for people of all ages.A Beatles version of guitar hero would appeal to a lot of people and is a great idea.

Mmmm... that 50% off guitar hero deal I saw the other day is looking alot better right now.

Personally, I think the Beatles should just license out songs to GH & Rock Band.

But, I am 100% buying a Beatles Guitar Hero disc if it gets released. Especially if it has a lot from their later psychedelic era!!!

:cool:

Back