Big News!

WiiMaster280

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2006
An article from the upcoming issue of Game Informer has been leaked and reveals several secrets yet to be announced by Nintendo.

It seems that the Wii will feature a build in camera for snapshots so you can put your face on character models in the game. The ATi graphics chip is said to be quite powerful supporting HDR and bump mapping.

The Wii will also feature a hardware physics processor, with built in 32 Mb of dedicated RAM, enough to take the load of the IBM CPU. A headset will be available either included in the package or sold separately.

The article also mentions that Nintendo will sell SD memory cards ranging from 2 GB to 7 GB. No price has been mentioned.

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2006/06/04/wii-to-include-camera-ppu-and-headset/

Some fresh hot deets for EA's upcoming rhythm-based game Boogie have emerged from the oven and the most scrumptious of these details include documentation that a USB headset will be included with the game. This news comes from EA producer Alfredo Chavez, who revealed in an interview that the game would come "bundled with a microphone, it's a USB microphone and it's probably going to be the first mic for the Wii." While we enjoy freebies, we have to wonder if a USB headset is going to get in the way of us enjoying the game. Hopefully it'll be a pretty long wire ...

Or EA could hook us up with a bluetooth headset, but we're not going to hold our breath on that one.

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/05/07/boogie-to-hook-you-up-with-a-headset/

Nintendo Power wants headsets for Wii as well

A snippet from Nintendo Power’s “Pulse” section…

rumor1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WiiWouldLike2Play said:
Whoa for triple post ..and WHOA. NO WAY. Lol, I had a dream about this!

.... don't ask... :)

Woah a dream? I got to hear this one hehe. No but i hope this is for real. Seems pretty legit to me.

JAKE196 said:
This article was written on June 6, 2006. . .

It took the DS quite a while so with this article being written in 2006, it's a good sign, but bad at the same time

upcoming?

that upcoming issue of game informer??? that article is dated june of 2006. Nintendo probably had the ability to do all those things, just didnt for the sake of price.

you do realize that article is from June 4, 2006, don't you?

Last edited:
Yes all of you guys are correct. But you never know. Since the DS dropped they were talking about the same thing and it happened. Plus there is two other articles. I mean, I personally think it will be within the first half of next year. After all the money Nintendo is going to get after this holiday season they
are going to have decisions that will literally have them doing anything they feel like.

JAKE196 said:
Well hope for a headset +1/2 I guess.

That's what everyone wants. A headset. Nintendo seriously needs to drop this item. It will increase the online enjoyment even more.

There is absolutely no way ninty is gonna have a camera in their system that will take your picture and send it over Wifi. Not a chance. They have a baggilion number friend code to protect who you are, but their gonna post your picture up anyways? No, thats not right, and for me it makes the whole post uncredable

crazyman2 said:
There is absolutely no way ninty is gonna have a camera in their system that will take your picture and send it over Wifi. Not a chance. They have a baggilion number friend code to protect who you are, but their gonna post your picture up anyways? No, thats not right, and for me it makes the whole post uncredable

good point.

Back