Black Screen ? No video audio

kakubaba

WiiChat Member
Jun 14, 2007
Blank Screen ? No video audio

I just bought a new modded wii in India. I found out that its power adopter was missing . I locally arranged a new adopter with 12v D.C. output.
The wii turned on , and cd drive also seemed fine , but there is no Video , audio signal on TV. The screen is completely black. It does flicker for a second , when we pree the on switch, but all I can see is the black screen .
Another problem is with the wii remote. I inserted new batt. the remote even showed 4 lights , but it seems that it it does not respond to the buttons. I have tried pressing power on off from remote , but the console does not seem to respond.
What should I do. ,, is it because of the Power adopter , or I have a broken wii system , and remote.

Last edited:
Do you see a little orange or green light on the power button? If that light is on when the Wii is plugged in, that indicates that the Wii is drawing power correctly, and it's probably a broken Wii. If not, the power adapter is probably the problem.

Any kind of modding runs the risk of damaging the system. You may have just been out of luck. Sorry you're having these problems.

I have tried 2.7 and 3.5 Amp. The console seems to work same with both the adopters. There is first red light and then after pressing the power button, it turns green. Even the CD drive turns blue for 2 seconds. when I insert the Cd.
Only thing is , I dont get any signal on TV. And the remote too doent seem to work ?

where are you from? maybe you have a PAL wii and trying to play on an NTSC TV that doesnt support the PAL video format (or vice versa)

The OEM one is 3.7A. So the 3.5A one may work but not the 2.7A one. You may be simply not providing sufficient current to drive the whole system. Do you hear disc spinning? Make sure you have the negative on the cut corner side of the plug. The other potential problem is the AV cable. Of course it may be the console itself. What AV cable are you using? Can you borrow another one to try?
One last and major question, why it does not come with an adapter in the first place?
I thought of the PAL/NTSC issue too, but the audio should still work in that case.

I do not hear disc spinning , since I dont have any disc. couse disc is not required for wii menu !
And i am using the regular av video cables , which came with the system , the gray one.

Hey OP, were you able to resolve this? I have the exact same problem. Please let me know.

I just got my wii not too long ago. It came with a wrong cable but i ordered a right one that i can insert to the power system here as well.
Input 110-240V Output 12V 3.7A exactly it should be. My wii turns on but the TV has a black screen... The cd drive in the wiii works but i don't hear it spinning the disc. Wii remotes won't work either... i tried doing the guie posted above but doesn't work. Help me folks

Another possible problem is the BT module. When it turns bad, it will give you a black screen and the Wiimote will not connect. You may find a replacement for around $8-14 if you are know what you are doing.

Last edited:
Search the Wii black screen problem on google, and you'll find many reported cases. If you know how to disassemble the Wii, you should be able to replace the module by yourself. I found one at Dealextreme for $7.75 shipped.

Back