Bought hacked wii might have bricked... how do I fix it

NevoraskiA

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2015
Wisconsin
Bought a Wii off somebody. They hacked it. I wanted to install Netflix on the wii, but it wouldn't let me unless I updated the wii. The wii was refusing to let me update it. I wiped the memory and restarted the wii. The update actually started working when I tried this time. Then it errored. I turned off the wii and now can't get the wii to load. I get stuck on this screen:

http://i.imgur.com/2i51ATM.jpg?1

If I go to settings I get this screen:

http://i.imgur.com/zqM32Jr.jpg?1

If I try to do anything else I get nothing out of it.

Not sure how to fix this. I want my wii that I bought working and update so that I can use the wii store.

How do I remove this hack stuff and get the wii back to factory settings?

You're in Priiloader lel

Try pressing A on the system menu selection...

And if you bought it hacked do not update it! this will overwrite all cios (unless you want it unhacked)

He probably used a Priiloader hash hack to block updates, that's why it wouldn't work.

If you want to completely unhack it first, disable all Priiloader hacks so that your wii will allow updating, update from the wii settings and that should overwrite anything. If the homebrew channel is still on your menu use data management to remove it

You're in Priiloader lel

Try pressing A on the system menu selection...

And if you bought it hacked do not update it! this will overwrite all cios (unless you want it unhacked)

He probably used a Priiloader hash hack to block updates, that's why it wouldn't work.

If you want to completely unhack it first, disable all Priiloader hacks so that your wii will allow updating, update from the wii settings and that should overwrite anything. If the homebrew channel is still on your menu use data management to remove it

Yeah a buddy of mine helped me get it working after working on it all day long. As far as clicking on system menu, if you didn't notice... i said nothing else did anything... as in system menu would not load. I was half bricked... couldn't do anything at all.

Yeah a buddy of mine helped me get it working after working on it all day long. As far as clicking on system menu, if you didn't notice... i said nothing else did anything... as in system menu would not load. I was half bricked... couldn't do anything at all.

Glad you got it working

Back