Brawl breaks NOA record in sales.

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
March 17, 2008 - Nintendo of America announced on Monday that Super Smash Bros. Brawl has become the fastest-selling game in the comaany's long history. More than 1.4 million gamers have purchased the fighter since its release on March 9, according to the publisher. Approximately 874,000 people, meanwhile, bought the game on the first day. The Big N added that Brawl has sold at a rate of approximately 120 units per minute since it shipped.

"Super Smash Bros. Brawl has made the leap from video game to cultural phenomenon," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of sales and arketing. "Game reviewers and the public alike praise its fun game play and extensive, inventive content."

"It's important to remember," Dunaway said, "that we have lots more fun on the way: Upcoming titles like Mario KartWii and Wii Fit will keep our momentum going strong."

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/860/860179p1.html

_DAMN!THATS ALOT OF GAMES!120 PER MIN. NINTENDO IS MAKING BEYOND MILLIONS NOW. HOPEFULLY THEY SEE HOW IMPORTANT ONLINE WAS TO US, AND SATISFIE US SOME MORE WITH BETTER MULTIPLAYER GAMES!

YAY, I'M ONE OF THE MILLIONS. :shifty:

They'd have broken more if they released PAL on the same day...

KTIGZ said:
[COLOR=blackHOPEFULLY THEY SEE HOW IMPORTANT ONLINE WAS TO US, AND SATISFIE US SOME MORE WITH BETTER MULTIPLAYER GAMES![/COLOR]

Or they'll say, "See how well a game with friend codes and no communications sold!" :sick:

And please lay off the bold caps.

I think a chat room can only improve sales. Expect a lot of Brawl players to meet up in Mario Kart Wii. If Nintendo manages to connect these games like Blizzard does with Battlenet to a universal chat room, we should be set. Either way I expect Mario Kart will be the communication buffer to Brawl's future.

Wow, This is huge for nintendo, hopefully they are thinking on how to make online better

Back