Buying a used Wii

lu5t

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2007
I am purchasing a used Wii tonight, and I don't know the owner, it's a craigslist purchase.

I was wondering if there's anything I should be aware of, such as if I will be able to create new friend codes, or if there's any information from the initial sign up I'll need that previous owner did.

Thanks.

Well hope he didn't use the Wii code to register it at nintendo.com cos i read that you get cool mini-stuff at nintendos site if your registered.
but every thing else should be just fine. if theres a defect I bet it will be an obvious one.

well i just registered the wii to nintendo.com, but nothing that major. 90 day warranty. and if you register 3 more nintendo products you'll get 3 free issues of nintendo power. So you'll be fine..tell us how it is when you get it ^ ^.

Honestly I'd just buy a new one...but thats just my opinon. I'd rather get it and know no one has done anything with it. I guess it would feel wierd to just use something that I didn't get originally. I dunno its like my videogames and systems are sacred to me so I wouldn't want something "unpure"...lol if anyone understands what I'm saying...

My suggestion is that you simply insist that he hooks it up and shows to you that it does indeed work. Make sure you have a Wii and Gamecube game close-by to test if it can read discs properly. That is my only suggestion. Normally Craigslist doesn't have many issues with validity since all transactions are normally done in person so they don't want to risk someone decking them if the merchandise is defective.

Back