BWII question

cyberzomby

OH NOES! A PICTURE
May 9, 2007
Netherlands
Wii Online Code
4855-3513-2198-8739
Hey people who got battalion wars 2 ( yes you US guys :p )

I watched a review yesterday and it said that the strategy in BWII mainly was to use the right unit against the right other unit ( Rock paper scissors )

Is there nothing more involved than this? Not even a bit?

And how does this transfer online with the capturing of factorys and producing your own troops?

Greetings!
Cyb

Well it is not solely Rock paper scissors, in online play. Campaign you could improv as you go along, and when you see a unit that you can't have a counter attack think about what you could do. So no anti air for the huge bomber over head, well tell bazooka vets to let loose and your tank should do the same thing, eventually he will die. Honestly Campaign is quite Rock paper scissors.
Online even though it has the same kind of game and w/e it seems that you can do freaking crazy things in it. (Factories and objectives add huge tactical differences, its not just go out and blow the crap out of the opponent) I remember one time I was battling it out for a key factory and his bomber was obliterating my anti air vets. So i got my bomber and out of desperation i raised my altitude and began bombing his bomber. I can only imagine the look on his face, because his bomber went up in flames after the bombs fell on him. So yes its not always Rock paper Scissors
Factories add a new depth but the dissapointing thing is that you can't get money and then build however many troops you want. But if you capture like two factories you will get 2 times the X amount of tanks that come out of one.

Anyway if you loved the first one your hungry will be satisfied.

aaah! I thought you could build units there like in advance wars! Oh well. It still sounds really cool to me. Never played part 1 mainly because there was no multi-player.

It sounds really awesome to go online with it. And I can imagine that factorys and the other production faciltie's are like the keys to victory online?

Does it also have naval bases and air strips that allow you to build ships and planes as well? How does unit production work? New units just come out at specified intervals of time? Can you pick which units are produced?

Why didn't they do factories like in Advanced Wars and capturing cities for that matter as well? That would have added SO MUCH MORE depth.

Another thing is you can always control a weaker unit your self and actually take a difference some times. I will do that or either give them covering fire with a heavy unit. It can be a bit of a mix some times which is cool. Indoor and out door fighting would be the next step. The air and water really adds to the game though. Then too if you are good at shooters you can make a difference also.

Really atomheart you need to play this one online before you ask for depth. This game is pretty deep and way more organic come compared to advance wars. Really behind the graphics is a beast of a game!

WiitnessID said:
Really atomheart you need to play this one online before you ask for depth. This game is pretty deep and way more organic come compared to advance wars. Really behind the graphics is a beast of a game!

I never said the game wasn't deep; I just said that it could have been MUCH deeper by just changing/adding some rather small things.

Also, can you answer the questions in the first part of my last post?

The strategy is much more intricate than just "rock paper scissors". Its a fun game, get it.

No more heroes, MOH:H2 and BWII all out in one month in the UK.....hard choice...

Warrior said:
No more heroes, MOH:H2 and BWII all out in one month in the UK.....hard choice...

oooh, yeah....MOH:H2 for online play/BWII for campaign mode...My 2c

But anyway, kinda like Rock Papper Siscors (lolspelling), but u are usually fighting more than 1 type of unit at once so you will have to improv to make sure your units dont die.

Sounds really good :D

Im gettin both Heroes 2 and BWII already pre-ordered and waiting to transfer the money :D I cannot wait for these 2. BWII since the launch of the wii. Finaly I will be able to play this :D

Back