can the regular DS....

Dkw0101

Your Savior
Dec 23, 2007
Wii Online Code
3156-1824-0023-3057
can the regular DS use a microphone, and can it also be played in the dark?

HyPeRsHoCk said:
Yes, and yes.
so then its worth buying a regular DS from a friends then paying double at the store for a lite.

HyPeRsHoCk said:
Well, that depends on what your friends are charging, and what condition the DS is in.
it's in good condition and like 70 for it.

HyPeRsHoCk said:
Hmmm...Well, if you don't mind the darkness of the phat then go for it. Btw, the DS Lite is 4x brighter...
thats fine with me, so long as i can see it i'll be good.

No it isn't. I've seen the DS Lite right next to the DS phat and there's a HUGE difference. It's easy to see the DS phat's screen in the dark, but what about the light?

I had a phat ds and own a lite and, yes the lite is brighter, but you can still see the phat one without any problems.

LiquidD said:
I had a phat ds and own a lite and, yes the lite is brighter, but you can still see the phat one without any problems.
and i've seen some comparisons, it's like compariing an HD television to a regular, yes the HD is nicer but you can live without it.

Yes it will work just fine in the dark. The lite version will work better outside during the day, or under bright light inside. Playing it in darkness won't matter much at all. The lite version like said is 4x brighter, and the colors are more defined. I prefer the DS phat (that's what we call the original) from a construction standpoint. It's very sturdy and reliable I still have my blue version and it had enough benefits to keep while I also have an onyx lite.

The phat stylus is slightly smaller but you won't notice unless you buy some accessory pack that comes with lite version stylii.

ya i got it today, i think its fine, i prefer the mic at wheres it's at in the phat then in the lite, stylis works fine for me soo yeah.

Back