Canadian gamers getting screwed !!!!

Wii-licious

Wii360 FTW !!!!!
Jan 10, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
1111-1111-1111-1111
I'm a little tired of getting screwed mainly by retailers, console makers and games makers.

We canadian are already paying more then american for our console and periphericals. Most retailers are selling product like if the exchange rate was 1$can =0,75 $us. This is'nt true for month now we are between 0,90 and 0,95 for 1/2 the year an today we reach 0,98!!!!!

So common retailers and console builder stop screwing us and do something about it. I can understand that basic price point can be different in different market. But this is ridiculous.

It cost less to all those company to import those products because of the canadian dollars rate.Do something. Oh yeah, you are doing something you are making more profit!!!!!!

I just start shopping over internet for games because it's now cheaper if you avoid border fees.

So other canadian you can express your anger here.:mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

BTW i know about the australian situation so i know you get more screwed then us.

Last edited:
I guess I should be mad, but for me money isn't really an issue, plus I am careful as to which games I buy. For my fellow Canadians though you might be more angry than I am.

i don't really have money problem..its more about getting screwed and knowing you cant do a dam thing about it...

exemples:
Nyko remote charger = 29,99 $us our price 39,99$can!!!! (0,75 rate)
Resident Evil 4 wii = 29,99 $us our price 39,99$can!!!! (0,75 rate)

I will buy the game i want anyway but it still bother me. I don't know why.:mad5:

You should be mad, I agree that it's BS, if the exchange rate you posted is actually correct, then the prices should be much closer. I feel sorry for everybody who gets ripped off by exchange rates.

graph:

graph120.png

source:
http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/CAD/graph120.html

i couldn't care less, i work hard for my money, but i don't have to pay bills or anything so it's cool

i don't consider canadians getting screwed, i just think that the u.s. has a luxury that we don't, and we just have to pay the average price....

That's weak...
I have to pay 25% more than US
not only that, but there is less to choose from up here, i've seen next to no third party peripherals available in stores for wii so it leaves very few options when buyin shizet

mushroomedmario said:
i couldn't care less, i work hard for my money, but i don't have to pay bills or anything so it's cool

i don't consider canadians getting screwed, i just think that the u.s. has a luxury that we don't, and we just have to pay the average price....

Well this is a first... someone who actually likes paying more than they have to :lol:

you guys think it's bad check out australia (aka me)

New Wii game: $50 US
$100 Aus

Wii controler: $40 Us
$80 Aus

i mean, you guys are complaining,

also i thought this would be like one of those suck my dick threads...read the title

I speak on behalf of all Americans when I say... we'll trade you cheap games for cheap prescriptions!

:lol:

The US and Japan pay drastically less than any other country for games. I agree this needs to change. Australia pays $1000 for game consoles. That is beyond lame. I believe in equality, or at least something close to it.

Back