Castlevania 1 Question - Continuing

durabull

Durabull
Dec 2, 2006
In the original Nes cartridge for Castlevania 1, were there infinite continues? I thought there were not, because I seem to recall borrowing a Game Genie and using a code for infinite continues once. However, I could be wrong.

With infinite continues, I've had no problems getting to the end of the game this time, but as a kid, I was NEVER able to get past level 4.

Thanks for any comments...

Can anyone out there confirm that the original NES game did not have infinite continues?

well, I ran myself off of the first cliff several thousand times on the original cartridge. I stopped after my fifth continue. I cant see them giving you any more continues than that. Doesnt it seem like 6 or 7 would be a strange number of continues? anyways, guess I should have kept going, but I got sick of watching simon's pronounced limp as he walked into the basement and drown himself over and over.

But yeah, seems like when I was little, I would get stuck at the Reaper (thats stage 4 I assume). If I had unlimited continues, Im sure I could have beaten that game.

So basicly, no help from me.

Back