Classic controller

smudge

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Hi....... We got the Wii classic controller for the VC games..When i asked at game,, which port the classic controller used,,nobody knew !! So i bought one,thinking it would connect either by the old gamecube port,,or USB.. Im dissapointed that it connects through the wii remote,,I dont understand why Nintendo have gone for this option. Does anyone know why it connects to the remote ?

Our son as special needs and wrecks controllers for fun,and i dont give the new classic controller long before it gets ruined. Maybe im over reacting,,time will tell.

One last point,,can you still buy the old wireless wavebird controllers for the gamecube?

Cheers

Smudge

Both and Play and Amazon sell the wavebird - I got a couple for my boyfriend for Christmas. £.17.99 each :) (assuming you're in the UK)

cheers for that head2head..on amazon now..yep im in the uk also.. just been watching my son with the classic controller hooked up to the wimote,,and hes swinging it around all over the place...lol

thx for the info

smudge

i mainly use the wiimote as the controller, and if i find a game where i cant i have a couple of GC controllers in waiting. that classic controller looks a bit iffy

The classic controller is rubbish,,cable to short,,like what am i supposed to do with the wiimote whilst im playing ?? Just ordered a wavebird off amazon,,the classic controllers going back to Game. My only gripe with the Wii so far..fantastic otherwise..lol:yesnod:

Smudge...

smudge said:
The classic controller is rubbish,,cable to short,,like what am i supposed to do with the wiimote whilst im playing ?? Just ordered a wavebird off amazon,,the classic controllers going back to Game. My only gripe with the Wii so far..fantastic otherwise..lol:yesnod:

Smudge...

Yes, it is strange that Nintendo did this with the classic controller. However, it does make the playing of old VC games more comfortable. They probably figured that people sit on something while they play (eg. a couch, chair w/ table near by). I set my classic controller on the bed that I sitting right next to when I play. It's better to have it on the WiiMote that way you can be far away from your console

I like the classic controller, but if its not your cup of tea, then the WiiMote and GC Controller should allow you to play 90% of the VC games.

I always wondered why Nintendo didn't just make the Classic controller wireless by itself. They probably thought that it would have to use separate Bluetooth channels aside from the wiimote.

I just find it a bit strange that its got to be used through the wiimote,,if they wanted it to be wireless,,why have it going through the wiimote.. still think the cables to short..Yes its ok for some people,but my sons got special needs and i have visions of him doing real damage with the classic controller.. sorry if i sound like im whinning..lol

Smudge

Back