clones SPOLIERS

toomstone

"tango down"
Nov 14, 2007
brizzy baby
Wii Online Code
8211-0763-7929-1645
i remember reading that they said their wouldnt be clones so i thought falco would get a remake but aperntly not his FS is the same as fox's to start with i think he should have a ship not a tank... umm i cant confim but his moves are the same arnt they i have watched a few of his vids but i havnt looked into it that much... ness and lucas clones?...

First of all, I don't think anyone said there would not be clones.
Second, there aren't really any clones. The characters are so much deeper in this game, that what you know from Melee really doesn't apply. Final Smashes aside, they are completely different characters.

toomstone said:
i remember reading that they said their wouldnt be clones so i thought falco would get a remake but aperntly not his FS is the same as fox's to start with i think he should have a ship not a tank... umm i cant confim but his moves are the same arnt they i have watched a few of his vids but i havnt looked into it that much... ness and lucas clones?...
reading that their wouldnt be clones is something you probably picked up here. they are clones and just because i might play with them differently in a tourney doesnt mean they went to great lengths to make the clone chars new. ganondorf and falco look real disappointing.

Prez said:
First of all, I don't think anyone said there would not be clones.
Second, there aren't really any clones. The characters are so much deeper in this game, that what you know from Melee really doesn't apply. Final Smashes aside, they are completely different characters.

Yes, some people confused "some characters this time around may not be returning" and ultimately thought no clones. But like Prez said, in Brawl the characters are completely different. Much more so than before.

Falco and Fox are not clones any more in any sense....other than FSA. Falco has a completely new set of A button attacks...they look really cool to. and their b button attacks have both been tweaked so they still look the same ish but they're alot different.... i havent seen in yet but apparantly falco can throw his reflector out a bit or something.

ness and lucas to me seem to have very similar moves that react differently. lucas though has a tether recovery where ness does not. and his smash attacks are different. his up b goes through platforms, ness' doesn't. his side b doesn't hug the ground it goes out straight and it doesn't keep the character in place either like ness' does it has knockback value. their standard b attacks have different knockback to. i believe these are their only differences. OH and lucas' down b is deployed infront of him as opposed to all around him.

Ganondorf and CF:
gannon has a new set of throws now. a different up b. and he always had a different up tilt and f air. to me though he seems more similar now than in melee since he was made faster and CF was made slower..which to me is kinda wierd since they reversed alot of CF's moves and made them combo moves instead of ko moves which caters to fast characters...but nonetheless they are different enough to not be clones... i hope this helps

spiff-ssbb said:
Ganondorf and CF:
gannon has a new set of throws now. a different up b. and he always had a different up tilt and f air. to me though he seems more similar now than in melee since he was made faster and CF was made slower..which to me is kinda wierd since they reversed alot of CF's moves and made them combo moves instead of ko moves which caters to fast characters...but nonetheless they are different enough to not be clones... i hope this helps

I watched a battle with Ganondorf recently and his side B has changed as well. He still rushes forward, but he grabs the opponent by the throat and blasts them with purple flames.

oh yaya i saw that too sorry forgot to include that part. he looks much improved from melee in my opinion. his dash looks faster to. i might consider maining him now

Back