Concert Thread V1.0

[DT]

Gearhead Surf Coder
Aug 30, 2007
Vilano Beach, FL
One of the other threads had a good amount of chat about concerts, so I thought a dedicated thread might be fun!

One WiiChat's award winning members said there was a thread, so I tried the "already posted" function, nothing found.

So here's a new, V1.0 official concert thread!

Who have you seen [live]? Anyone you'd see again? Disappointments? Near religious experiences? Crazy concert tales? (I have some of those, er, though some are R-rated). Anyone you're jonzin' to see? (keeping this to non-fantasy scenarios).

Hhahahaha, it's here! Well seeing how Adam's gone, why not...

Worst concert I've ever been to is probably Blink 182, who sung way too fast, out of tune and just sounded like they wanted to get the gig over with, and were so blatantly drunk. But, Mark's harmonica solo at the end was probably worth it. I was so far away as well, I hate upper tier seats, they didn't say that when I ordered, but it was crap anyway so I didn't bother bringing anything up.

Best, probably The Offspring, even thought I ordered my tickets so last minute and got the back row. I wanted to trade my tickets with someone else who wanted seats but my friends weren't having it, they wanted to be safe and don't like pits. Ahaha, pits are the freaking best part. But anyway, Dexter's accent is brilliant, and they stuck to all the classics, none of the new album pumping crap everybody else does.

REM were quite good, I went to see them in Manchester in a cricket ground, the whole place was terribly middle class though, and you can imagine not the most interesting crowd I've ever encountered. But the tickets were bright pink! And at the end it rained, you don't know how God damn amazing that felt.

I have to mention Lostprophets here, it was so annoying. Would've been one of the best concerts I'd have went to, but I caught one of my friends going to fall right in the middle of the pit so I dragged her out and regrouped with my sissy friends who were at the side, then I bought everyone freaking expensive drinks of Coke because they were clearly dying, and then I brought them back near the edge of the pit, none of them were going back in. Once Burn Burn was on the drummer threw his stick, right at me, and I mean right at me, I thought it was a full lager can, and it totally whacked me on the head, then I had a stick in my hands, but I didn't realise... And then my other friend snatched it off me. Goody.

I want to see Ayumi, oh my God I have to go see Ayumi, someone needs to get me to Japan, I'll do anything! Some of her performances are absolutely bonkers with the effects, and she's totally awesome, and so's her geetarist Yo Chan. After buying her DVDs I really want to go see her, but I think she's going to become inactive within the next couple of years... Shame.

And The Police! If I can manage tickets next week for Manchester, then my mum is going to get the most expensive birthday present to date. xD

Last edited:
Judging by peoples music-related comments on this site, I doubt I'll get much support (there are some) on who I've saw:

-Kanye West (twice - was better the first time, but was pretty awesome both times...would definitely see him again)

-Erm, Usher (I took a few ladies, so it's allowed. They enjoyed themselves so it was alright...I wouldn't go again however)

-Eminem, except he cancelled so I didn't actually get to see him (gutted). But 50 Cent replaced it with his own concert, and brought along the likes of Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Olivia, and Spider Loc (amazing concert...would definitely go again)

-Snoop Dogg (he was pretty good...don't know if I'd go again, wouldn't mind but he wouldn't be top of my list)

-Game (exceptional...definitely would like to see him again)

-D12 (very good...doubt I'd go again if it came to it though)

-DMX (brilliant...would go again - a couple of tales from this, including some huge guy obliterating this other guy who was completely off his face, but I can't be bothered to go into detail!)

In all of these I was standing (apart from Usher), and we managed to get ourselves to at least 4 rows (if people were standing in sort of rows) to the front. They were all in the Manchester Apollo, except for Usher, 50 and one of the Kanye ones, which were all in the M.E.N.

Last edited:
I was going to say your music taste is crap flicking through, and then I read it all over again and saw your first line. xD

Frogger said:
I was going to say your music taste is crap flicking through, and then I read it all over again and saw your first line. xD
You'll be glad to know that that isn't my specific music taste, I like pretty much everything. It's just they're the only ones that I've been to see.

I've seen quite a few shows

-1964(Beatles Tribute)
-Darkstar Orchestra (Grateful Dead Cover Band) 4 times, 6 sets total
-Ekoostik Hookah 5 times, 9 sets total
-Matisyahu
-Covert Operations
-Rootstand
-David Gans
-Oakhurst
-Jazzam
-Cornmeal
-Papadosio
-The Recipe
-Freekbass
-BoomBox
-Crackers and Jam
-Rhythm Devils

All of them were great, but my favorites would have to be Darkstar Orchestra and Papadosio.

I've seen these people in concert:

Sheryl Crow (x2)
Dixie Chicks
Carrie Underwood
Beyonce
Fleetwood Mac
Stevie Nicks
Fiona Apple
Christina Aguilera (x2)
Justin Timberlake (x3)
Britney ****ing Spears (x4)
Mariah Carey
Nickelback
Anna Nalick
Tori Amos
Vanessa Carlton
Michelle Branch
Limp Bizkit (ewwwww, I was dragged)
Eminem (same ^)
John Legend
Corinne Bailey Rae
Damien Rice
Tina Dico
Bjork
Missy Higgins
Aly & AJ

My favorite concert was definitely the first time I saw Sheryl Crow. I had been obsessed with her since her 2nd album's release. She played outdoors at the Toronto Blues Festival, and I stood outside for like 5 hours to secure my front row place. She was of course flawless. It was perfect. I was so overwhelmed.

Seeing Fleetwood Mac was near religious. AMAZING. The chemistry, energy and history between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks on stage, performing the songs they wrote in the 70s during their volatile relationship. Mick Fleetwood's crazy mad skillz...it was just...ahhhh.

Dixie Chicks were phenomenal as well.

Aly & AJ was a great experience because I got to meet them afterwards. I was the tallest (and oldest) person there besides parents xD.

I haven't been to any disappointing concerts. I'd see any of the people I've seen again.

People I'd kill to see:

Delta Goodrem
Guy Sebastian
Lucie Silvas
Lene Marlin
Sia (going in March xD)
Girls Aloud
Sugababes
Sophie Ellis Bextor

A few people who are dead as well >.>

I've only been to one concert.
That was Billy Talent, last February when their newest album was out.

I would see them again.

I would like to see Kanye West, Green Day, Foo Fighters and anyone else really.
I like pretty much everything.

Getting money for them, and getting em' is the hard part.

I've been to a few

-Linkin Park
-Evanescence
-Finch
-Revis
-Poison the Well
-Hatebreed
-Common
-Jay Z
-Mos Def
-Talib Kweli
-Nas

Celeste said:
People I'd kill to see:

Delta Goodrem
Guy Sebastian

Whoaaa. So many Australians in one list. It's amazing.

I remember the first time Delta graced Austrlalian screens on Neighbours.

As for Guy, I was voting for him to win the first Australian Idol. He's from my suburb. I've seen him in concert a couple of times.

I've been to a few concerts, no big names though. Stuff like Jet, Eskimo Joe, Youth Group...

AndThen? said:
Whoaaa. So many Australians in one list. It's amazing.

I remember the first time Delta graced Austrlalian screens on Neighbours.

As for Guy, I was voting for him to win the first Australian Idol. He's from my suburb. I've seen him in concert a couple of times.

I've been to a few concerts, no big names though. Stuff like Jet, Eskimo Joe, Youth Group...
Nice. So jealous you've seen Guy. He's tied with John Legend for my favorite male artist. Absolutely flawless voice.

Delta is just...a breath of fresh air. She's beautiful, an incredible singer, a musician, a songwriter, an actress and a dancer. There aren't many as universally gifted as she is. I love her music SOOOOO much, especially the Born to Try and Mistaken Identity albums.

Now that I think about it, I'd kill to see Young Divas too...but with Ricki-Lee/Paulini/Emily/Kate. Ricki-Lee was replaced now D:

Gotta love Australian pop.

Lewi T said:
Judging by peoples music-related comments on this site, I doubt I'll get much support (there are some) on who I've saw:

-Snoop Dogg (he was pretty good...don't know if I'd go again, wouldn't mind but he wouldn't be top of my list)

When I listen to this type of music, it's mainly more Ol' School Hip Hop like Snoop, Dre, LL, Missy E. Some occasional "harder" stuff like DMX, Wu Tang.

Me and a buddy of mine saw Public Enemy back when - we had been working the door for this local venue, they were coming, we could get free tickets so we said what the hell.

We wound up being like 2 of maybe 3 or 4 white people in a crowd of about 350. Didn't bother us any, we were there to have fun, get rough, whatever. Wound up having a +killer+ time - we were throwing down with everyone around us, it was a cool moment where color didn't factor in. :yesnod:

[DT] said:
We wound up being like 2 of maybe 3 or 4 white people in a crowd of about 350.
Ahh yes, this reminds me of the Dixie Chicks concert. I was the only "ethnic" person there :lol: It was so weird, the ACC was FULL of white people, and here in Toronto, you hardly see them in the midst of all the multiculturalism :lol: They all came out for that concert I guess, hahah =P

Meh I've hardly seen anyone.

I've seen Tenacious D up in the MEN arena, which was a fun experience, took Jay up there on the train as a X-Mas present and suprised him by bringing his two best mates along.

Also seen Goldie Lookin Chain, The Automatic and a couple of others. None of my friends had the same tastes as me in music so I never got to go.. hoping to go to plenty of festivals this year though. On my to see list would be:

#1 RHCP
#2 Foo Fighters
#3 Elton John, he's playing in a Stadium in my nearest city and I really want to go

Loads of others, I could go on for hours. Oh and I have met Funeral For A Friend a few times, not at a concert though. They come from my home town and one of them used to work at this music shop in town which his Uncle owned. My best friend is a cousin to that guy so we hang with them a few times upstairs in that shop. I could have gone to see them for free a few times too, and hang with them afterwards, silly me didn't accept though =/

Back