connection problems

Wii_Dudeman

WiiChat Member
Apr 24, 2007
Newnan
Wii Online Code
5423-4634-2352-4726
I'm having trouble connecting my ds i just purchased to my wireless connection. It finds the access point but give me an error code 5200 cannot obtain ip address. Just some info my network is unsecured, and my wii connects to it without a problem. I searched and couldnt find anything, so im hoping someone here has had this problem and has an answer.

Why do you don't try to put a secure key?
Only configure a WEB connection, as the newest one, is not capable by the DS.

Then erase all your connection configurations and try again. Go on and search for an access point and then you know what to do.

If the problem persists, then try to connect other device such a Wii or other DS (or just a computer with wireless)
If you get the same problem on all the devices, try to configure your router, I can help if you don't know. If all the devices but your DS work properly... I'm afraid that you will need to call to nintendo for a replacement...

Also... put your connection secured... your neighbors must be happy if they know that there are free wireless haha

Last edited:
Wii_Dudeman said:
everything but the ds works fine.

Then, try to do what I said you. Try first to erase all the configurations and reconfigure the DS. If it is not working... try to secure a WEB (you should configure all the devices then) If it keep without working... you should call to Nintendo.

the.next.tiger said:
By the look of them pics you look blazed. #
Wehe is that smurf kid the tard and the lee jarret guy, he is well blazed
andd gor you, ha

The Mental hospital forum is in other place pal. You are in the wrong section (also in the wrong forum) Call to your doctor to clarify where you should go :)

Last edited:
Figured it out, the transmission rate was set to auto but for some reason wasnt adjusting for the ds that uses a 1mbps transmission rate. i switched it over and now it works like a charm.

Wii_Dudeman said:
Figured it out, the transmission rate was set to auto but for some reason wasnt adjusting for the ds that uses a 1mbps transmission rate. i switched it over and now it works like a charm.

Cool!!! Good for you! I'm glad it worked :)

I forgot to tell you yep, my fail. There are routers that gives problems with the 1mb connections (or something like that, that the ds is hard to connect to some routers)

Now enjoy, if you have pokemon, I can send you an egg and also we can battle :D If not... we can race at MC... if not... then look for somebody else :D

yea ive got pokemon pearl, im workin on getting my fc right now ill pm it to you when i get it.

Back