Control games with mind

Its been done before. I frget when but a couple years ago a kid had somthing wrong with his brain and it wasn't funcrtioning right. Since he was currently paralyzed tehy had almost no way of knowing. So they installed a chip in his brain that would pick up controlls for a video game he use to love and always win at. If he won the doctors would know his brain was right- and he won

oo just read other posts, wasn't frst to post this

Last edited:
I was reading Discover magazine a while back and they had an article about doctors implanting some type of chip in a paralyzed man's brain that allowed him to control a computer mouse with his mind. It was really cool; he was able to check his emails, draw, surf the net, etc.

I can't wait to see how that technology progresses, because of its medical implications.

The sad part was that they later removed the chip to try it on other patients, since it was the only prototype.

grrr..video game master...grrr

What??? Do you hate my masterness? I bet you don't know who dis is
untitled2ww7.gif

video game master said:
What??? Do you hate my masterness? I bet you don't know who dis is

That's an easy one! It's Jessie, the Yodeling Cowgirl from Toy Story 2! :lol:

somone made a good comment on the gamespot chat thingy at the bottom, he said not only would the game be boring but would be like watching tv, very good point seeing as you aren't doing anything. you are just thinking of a way to beat it. also, people would become addicted, and this is just sort of wrong, we shouldnt depend on computers for everything, i have a bad feeling about all this.

The only thing Im thinking of is how much is it :lol: WOW, technology is very impressive these days!

if only scientists would spend more time enhancing the mind and unlocking it's potential, instead of seeing what kind of parlor tricks we can do with it. Still cool though.

video game master said:
Its been done before. I frget when but a couple years ago a kid had somthing wrong with his brain and it wasn't funcrtioning right. Since he was currently paralyzed tehy had almost no way of knowing. So they installed a chip in his brain that would pick up controlls for a video game he use to love and always win at. If he won the doctors would know his brain was right- and he won

oo just read other posts, wasn't frst to post this

The only difference is that this is a helmet, not an implant in your brain... so yeah just thought I'd point that out... :yesnod:

scubasteve said:
somone made a good comment on the gamespot chat thingy at the bottom, he said not only would the game be boring but would be like watching tv, very good point seeing as you aren't doing anything. you are just thinking of a way to beat it. also, people would become addicted, and this is just sort of wrong, we shouldnt depend on computers for everything, i have a bad feeling about all this.

i was just about to say that. how boring would that be. i could see myself getting uncomfortable after about 5 minutes because i'd just be intensely staring at a TV screen. I think motion sensing is way better. But if you're not doing anything, its more like a boring puzzle or something. A bad tv program where you have to think too hard about what's going on. Technologically, thats freaking amazing. but for video games, thats the worst idea ever.

Yeah I don't like this idea I mean I don't know about you but playing a game without a controller isn't a game in my books.

Back