Controller problems-anyone help?

liese

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
Managed to get a wii the day before my 9 yr old's birthday. Bought it home-set up and had great fun. On his birthday after playing with one controller for 10 mins added the second controller. Followed instructions, pressed both sync buttons etc etc. Soon as we did neither controllers worked. Looked online-followed all suggestions (bluetooth/lights/remove batteries/unplug and so on) still wouldn't work. Nintendo site recommends if after trying all of this there must be a fault with console. After an hour of trying to sync either controller took wii back to Comet and stood in Game for an hour waiting for delivery and managed to get another!! Delighted we took it home set it up on one controller and played. Soon as we tried to sync second controller (Also exchanged so new one) same thing happened. Spent an hour on the phone to friend who had one and Game who both assured us that we were doing everything right and it should work. Out of the blue, after an hour and a half one of the controllers synched. My 9 yr old had been delighted first thing on opening his present, upset when it wouldn't work, devastated when we returned it, ecstatic when we got a new one and it worked, upset again when it stopped working and agin delighted when the controller re-synched now wants the second controller added. I'm too scared to proceed without some sound advice!! Anybody had similar problems that took this long to resolve!

strange

try not syncing but using the one 1 2 button when asked to ad players in sport or play or cod a friend comes over with his controller wich isnt sync to my wii when we play he holds 12 and its ads as a guest remote

Back