Cups too hard?

Tailwhip

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Hey ive had this game for a week now, and yday and today i started playing, but i somehow cant beat the crystal cup its so frustrating. I always end up in top-4 then i get defeated in knockouts.

Mario football for the GC was so much easier i completed in couple of hours.

Btw ive been trying crystal cup for 5 hrs straight or so.
Some people here say they completed crystal without any losses the first time playing, wtf?! Am i so bad at this game rofl.
My team anyhow:
-----Peach-------
--Hammer------Boo-----
------dry bones------
To give impression what my skill lv is, i beat difficulty lv 3 in domination mode 80% of time.

Tactic: Get ball white by b-pass combo with peach and boo, then pass to dry bones roller or hammer for finishing off.
Any suggestions on how to beat it?

And which cups are up after crystal?

Last edited:
TBH it's just about variation. Sometimes pass it around to get a decent shot off with a big hitter, sometimes play w/ items for time and space to do a megashot, sometimes try to dodge a goal in. What you do depends on the opportunities that arise.

That said though, the cups are tough. But you will get better by playing them. 90% of people playing online are awful atm - they would really benefit from playing in the cups. Crystal is fairly hard but wait till you get to the strikers cup! That is so tough.

Thanks for replies, i just completed crystal cup and GOD it was close, final match of 3 i just kept the ball to stretch some time so diddy couldnt score.
Ive tried striker cup now, 3 wins one loss, not too bad, ill lose soon anyway though.

And yea starting a whole cup again is sooo annoying, having to play 10 matches again to get to finals -.- hate it

TIP: Get two items then pass to your captain, use items to make space and megastrike away. If youre leading you could just air-pass the ball a lot to not let opp score til times up.

Last edited:
I keep losing on crystal cup SO much. It's getting really annoying cause i beat the group stage no problem but when it gets to knockout round i get my butt kicked.

I dont know, I'm not very good and got through the Fire Cup without much problem (i'll admit i saved it a couple of times before losing a match), but i'd have still made it to the final. Havent started on Crystal Cup yet, been playing lots of domination to improve my lowly skills.

lol, anyone else come in here saying "Why the crap would a cup be TOO hard"??

I never look at section anymore.

Back