Cursor Flickering

ElixXxeR

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
I have had my Wii for about a week now and everything had been working fine until alst night. Every time I start a game (or do anything past the main Wii menu), the cursor on screen will flicker or jump to the edges of the screen with no movement on my part. The sensor bar is set up correctly and there is no sunlight from behind the TV or anything. The batteries in the Wii remote are perfect and I have had no problems with syncing. Anyone have some advice?

some one had the same problem but they had christmas lights next 2 there wii.

Move your sensor bar. I had the same problem last Sunday but I fixed it by moving the sensor bar. Remember, the Wiimote follows the light, so don't put any lights too close to the sensor bar.

are you any further back? move a bit closer and try

I get some slight problems just because of the range so keep it in mind

You may need to adjust the sensitivity, all they way up or down doesn't mean the best, you need to adjust for distance, also make sure no reflective surfaces are in front of you or rounded glass such as a cup, that will distort the signal coming from the sensor bar, goto the sensor bar adjustment screen and watch the 2 light circles, if you see a third while waving around then you have another device probably a light creating interference, if not and it just spazzes out at a certain area check where you are pointing if there are no objects to create interference than try adjusting the sensitivity up and down till it stops, I had it all the way up to see what it would do and my pointer was going crazy at any little reflection but it didn't show on the testing screen as another mark, took it down a notch and works perfect again. I am hoping there will be a patch so you can set the pointer area to match your TV in the future, like with light guns you should be able to calibrate for screen size so that not every game needs a cross-hair.

umm... i know i have a similar problem with it being very shaky if you are off the the side instead of standing right in front of the sensor bar. try rotating the sensor bar so that it is pointing directly at you

Back