Damn you Apple! Damn you for making me choose!

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
I love my iPod Video (30GB), but I now have only 2GB of space left. I use it instead of a DVD player because I have it on a dock that I plug into my TV. The bad thing about this is that I have to encode all the videos in FULL quality and resolution, rather than 320x180.

Now I need to make a judgment call, do I go for the 160GB iPod Classic? This would mean I would have MORE than enough space for all my movies/southpark/prisonbreak?

OR I go for the iPod Touch 16GB, which is just so awesome!

What should I do?

EDIT: Cost is not a problem.

I'd go for the 160gb iPod Classic.
I'm not getting an iPod touch until they add more harddrive space.
It just doesn't have enough yet.

If you were going to get the iTouch, I'd say go all out, and just get the iPhone.

solidkirby said:

If you were going to get the iTouch, I'd say go all out, and just get the iPhone.

Those are my exact feelings. I was going to get an Ipod Touch for the longest time, then decided to wait until there was at least 30 gigs before purchasing. Went with the 80 gig Classic.

solidkirby said:

The iPhone is a complete ripoff!

It's about £300 and then £30 per month for 18 months.

I don't need a phone, and I like the wifi of the iPod Touch.

I think I will probably get an iPod Touch, and delete all my music from my iPod Video so I can fit more movies on it and use it just a movie player.

IpodTouch isn't worth it due to the space.
If you have no space with a 30 gig why would you consider a 16 gig touch.
I have a 80 gig Classic I bought a couple days ago and it's pretty cool too.
The 160 would be the best if you need space though.

i have the 160
and i have plenty of movies and music
i just think thats its too much space lol

FRuMMaGe said:
Now I need to make a judgment call, do I go for the 160GB iPod Classic? This would mean I would have MORE than enough space for all my movies/southpark/prisonbreak?

OR I go for the iPod Touch 16GB, which is just so awesome!

I totally understand where you're coming from - the iPT [UI/OS] is way sexier than the Gen 5.x (though my 80GB with RockBox is pretty tasty) - *but* having such limited storage especially if you do significant amounts of video, it's just not an option.

FRuMMaGe said:
EDIT: Cost is not a problem.

Oh heck, problem solved - get both :lol:

(The solution is really the non-Product - the iPT 160GB - come on Apple, get to it, sheesh...)

I love my Ipod Touch. The separate YouTube app. is awesome, and it has a huge screen for watching videos. (compared to the other ones.)

Plus the iPhone is sooo expensive per month.

I say iTouch...

hmm this is hard to choose but I say go with the Ipod Touch and this is what you do. First put all music on IPT then just use your old ipod for all the old movies you dont watch. And besides the IPT is sooo fun to play with.

I have decided.

I will remove all my music from my iPod Video and use it purely for full quality videos. It will not leave my room, just sit on the dock connected to my TV and laptop.

I will buy an iPod Touch 16GB and put all my music on there. Also, I do not need to encode the videos in full resolution, as I am not planning to use it with my TV.

Hooray!

Where can I get it the cheapest?

Money isn't an issue, I would just rather get it cheaper obviously

Be sure to jailbreak your iPod Touch if you want to push the boundaries of what it can do. It turns it into a whole different device (full PDA, all of the iPhone apps + awesome homebrew apps + NES emulator + more). It's amazing. You can even do VoIP calling on it now with a certain headset.

Celeste said:
Be sure to jailbreak your iPod Touch if you want to push the boundaries of what it can do. It turns it into a whole different device (full PDA, all of the iPhone apps + awesome homebrew apps + NES emulator + more). It's amazing. You can even do VoIP calling on it now with a certain headset.
Yeah I was planning on this.

In fact, I've had an iPod for over a year and I have never used iTunes :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
Yeah I was planning on this.

In fact, I've had an iPod for over a year and I have never used iTunes :lol:
Haha awesome.
It was funny...I spent 9 hours trying to do the manual jailbreak, and during the 9th hour, the one step "Touchfree" exe file method was released xD.

Back