Developing a New Brawl League

Godwind

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
First off, I would like to say to everyone welcome back. To begin with, I have all the necessary data preserved. It is outdated but that isn't the end of the world. However, some of the old rules would not apply by today's standards. I for one am suggesting we change the rules out a bit. One issue I had with the old league was scoring was based more on participation and not on skill. In addition, I would like to also make the league larger with still some skill involved. So i wanted to suggest some remakes on the rules.

There will still be a ranking system. It will based on a "Dual Sort System" using a tier system and a points system. People are placed in skill tiers based on their skill. Within the Tiers, players will be sorted by their score. Another addition I want to add is a bounty system were winning a match against someone will reward extra points, likewise defending yourself will reward some bonus points.

Also, players will be required to have at least 1 match per a month and may have a maximum of 4 matches per a month. However, it is possible to get around this limitation by having gamble matches where player place their points at risk.

Who don't we just make a Brawling ladder? Kind of like the Smogon ladder, but for Brawl, and it wouldn't be as big.

Anybody know a good Fox user?

Well, back in the old Best Character User thread, I was voted the best Fox on WiiChat, so I guess that stands for something.

Tyvm. I hoped it was going to be somebody like you.

...I wonder if Kinryuten is coming back, cos if not I'm screwed for a Link coach...

Ah, whatev. I'll join.

...Again.

Anybody know a good Fox user?

FOX USERS! I face so much Fox. More than half the people I play use Fox. I see twice as many Foxes as any other character. Alot of them either spam the lasers or the Dair D-smash combo though.

Yeah too many foxes that go about with Dair D-Smash combo or just blaster spam but the worst has to be side-B spam IMO! Add me back in as I needa get my points back and this was conviently made as I'm just starting to feel better(I was sick)

Oh, I thought you said your Link was only average? Just getting my facts right, before you think I'm having a pop.

Back