Did you know?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
That the bushes in Super Mario Bros are infact just clouds painted green :crazy:

smb.jpg

i0n is officially the worst and best admin. ever.

It's not most people figured it out, too bad no one thinks up ways to save space today.

I never saw that. probably because I didn't pay much attention.:lol:

i0n said:
That the bushes in Super Mario Bros are infact just clouds painted green
Wow, I actually never noticed that.

SMB will never be the same for me, now. Heh

Did you know that the rings from Sonic where in fact the rings of divorced people and not the widley believed stale gold painted donuts

Darkprinny said:
Did you know that the rings from Sonic where in fact the rings of divorced people and not the widley believed stale gold painted donuts

BAHHAA REALLY PRINNY YOUVE DONE IT AGAIN.

pro gamer said:
Why did they use clouds? is nintendo they cheap?
Umm, 320KB of cartridge ROM memory on a console with 2KB of RAM, that's why.

When you're programming with limited resources, you come up with all sorts of tricks and re-use. If you knew all the tricks they used in games like SMB and Metroid, it'd blow your mind. For example, read through this document:

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/m1/lvldata.htm

Once you absorb all that, then decide whether Nintendo was a bunch of cheap, lazy programmers.

Dont forget the the Penguin bars in James pond 2 code name robocod two where not the chocolate covered chocolate treats but are in fact the penguins missin from this pic
main.php

Covered in chocolate
sremick said:
Once you absorb all that, then decide whether Nintendo was a bunch of cheap, lazy programmers.
I think you will find that EA are the lazy ones
Same game diffrent box

Back