Diddy Kong racing vs Mario Kart

Both games were pretty good, but I found myself getting bored of Diddy Kong fairly quickly. Mario Kart DS lasted a much longer time for me, and online is a blast!!!

Love them both, Own them both (on ds and N64)

and still my faveourite is.........................Diddy Kong

Mario karr is a great game and classic at that but there is only so much you can do until you get bored,

Diddy Kong has just so much more to do, its battles are better and its solo campaing is great, you actually have to explore places, its just so great

Mario kart is not a remake of the N64 version. Diddy kong racing is a remake but not MK. In my opinion mario kart is better.

Remegy said:
yo nintendo has 2 major racing games on the ds; Diddy kong racing DS and Mario kart DS, both of which are remakes of the original N64 versions. i wuz just wondering wut your opinions are, which one kicks ass?

Mario Kart is not a remake, it is a completely new game. It has been judged as the best Mario Kart game so far. It is extremely fun to play and has a great physics system.

Diddy Kong Racing is a remake of the N64 version with loads (perhaps too much) new features.

All in all, Mario Kart will always be better than DKR.

Also, Waluigi is in Mario Kart. What more could you want from a game. I'm surprises they didn't put him in Halo 3 :)

Well DKRDS is getting more popular due to more multiplayer options (especially on wi-fi) and the fact that some people really hate snaking. I like snaking, but atm I'd have to say DKRDS is my favourite of the two. It has a really good nostalgic feel to it and there is a bit of depth with stuff like picking which upgrade and stuff. Both are real great racing games nonetheless. I feel KDS reminds me more of the SNES game, I prefer the MK64 mechanics far more than the MKDS ones. Stuff like the blocking sucks and getting hit by something or getting lightning'ed loses your items is really annoying.

Oh yeah, I forgot, on Diddy Kong Racing you can record your own sounds. That is win. I love it that every time I shoot, fps_doug yells "BOOM HEADSHOT!"

Last edited:
Back