Disney making super maio bros movie!!

thas

Canadian/Gamer for life
Sep 17, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
4614-1471-6665-4276
What are your thoughts on the Disney Super Mario Bros. movie?

Miyamoto: Well, when we first initiated talks about a Super Mario Bros, movie, I tried to emphasize the point that the Mario Bros. games are fun as videogames and if we were going to make a Mario Bros. movie, that movie should be entertaining as a movie, and not a translation of the videogame.

I think that they tried very hard and in the end it was a very fun project that they put a lot of effort into. The one thing that I still have some regrets about is that the movie may have tried to get a little too close to what the Mario Bros. videogames were. And in that sense, it became a movie that was about a videogame, rather than being an entertaining movie in and of its self.

Did you collaborate a lot with Disney to create this movie?

Miyamoto: I didn't collaborate with them a whole lot. Obviously, I was involved in the initial pitch about them wanting to make a movie. After they had started production and had filmed some scenes, there was a step there where we were a little bit involved.

source:http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=176422

damn i hate disney!! they are going to make a mockery of mario.:mad5:

mario is a joke that is why he is so funny fire out of your hands like come on a fat italin person could do that i only just matsterd lighting out of my figer tip at will

I think that they tried very hard and in the end it was a very fun project that they put a lot of effort into. The one thing that I still have some regrets about is that the movie may have tried to get a little too close to what the Mario Bros. videogames were. And in that sense, it became a movie that was about a videogame, rather than being an entertaining movie in and of its self.

from that I think hes referring to the movie that was made in the '80s. Not a new one thank the almighty:scared:

¬_¬

They were talking about the old one. The give away is in the sub-title.. "Wii success and that Mario movie".

but that old one wasnt made by disney.was it? i watched it and it didnt have anything that said that it was made by disney.

You actually watched it? It's got to be the most redicilous thing I've ever seen. Mario was never meant to be an action movie.

Spinty said:
You actually watched it? It's got to be the most redicilous thing I've ever seen. Mario was never meant to be an action movie.

THAT WAS AN ACTION MOVIE!!!!!! thats a joke right?

Yeah, there's no Mario film, sorry buddy, but hey, we'll get a Brawl movie when it comes out, you just need to put all of the Subspace sequences together in order and you'll get a 3 hour long epic Nintendo characters movie. :)

Back