Dissappointing news about RE:UC

Chewy

Shmunior Member
Mar 29, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
4482-2919-0549-8845
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicals isn't going to be a survival adventure like the ones before it, but a shooter with a fixed path instead. I'm guessing that means that it is going to be like one of those arcade games with the guns that you don't control where you are going, but just shoot things.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/778/778247p1.html

Are you really that surprised? This is their attempt to capitilize on the Wii and make some easy money by pimping out the Resident Evil name/title on a sh*tty game. Just Square Enix tries to do the exact same thing with Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles which I've decided I will NOT get. Neither will I waste money on this game too because both are examples of completely random titles that are based off the MAIN series. These companies know that the main series is what gamers want. So why don't they cut the crap and start producing REAL games for the Wii? Is that so much to ask right now?

I don't consider it that bad. I mean, the puzzles part of the Resident Evils did slow the game down a lot and stuff, but on-rails shooters aren't all that bad. Think a cross between Time Crisis, House of the Dead and Resident Evil.

I can understand why developer are wary of bringing the main series of titles to the Wii - it's not the same experience as the PS3/360, and it is still considered a bit of a risk. But as time progresses, I think we'll start to see the success of the Wii be taken more seriously.

Did you know that originally, before Goldeneye got into development for the N64, it was originally planned for the SNES as an on-rails shooter. The mutliplayer aspect was tacked on almost last minute, yet it's still considered legendary, even today...

Last edited:
yeah i read that in the latest game informer.. i wonder what the beta screens looked like for that...

Anyways hopefully this move by Capcom lights a fire under SEGA's ass to release House of the Dead 4 ,or something on wii. An independent video on youtube of a guy playing house of the dead 3 on the pc with a wiimote ,and nunchuck showed how awesome it could be. SEGA just needs to get on the ball.

Back on subject...i don't mind capcom doing RE UC in first person ,but i think its a missed op not to have a regular first person game out of it. They could of very well made something of Doom 3 caliber that way. oh well maybe ID will get Ravensoft to make a Quake , or Doom game for wii.

Yeah, this SUCKS.
When I read this on GoNintendo I was like, "NO! OH MY GOD! THIS SUCKS!".

-.-
Way to ruin it Capcom. I was so happy when I saw the scans then it said "on-rails" and I freaked. :(

No surprise here. I'm fully prepared to be let down every time I log on to wiichat.com :).

So in other words House of the Dead for the Wii....uh....no problem with that.
I always wanted the Wii to have that!

Although I hope they release more complicated games in the future.

CaseyCor said:
No surprise here. I'm fully prepared to be let down every time I log on to wiichat.com :).
Hahaha, I hear ya.

After reading the article it sounds like there will be some strategy, "you are free to look around. Doing so is apparently the key to discovering secret items."

Well at least a little more puzzle than House of the Dead hopefully.

Yay a gun game

(the resi gun games where good in the arrcade)

An all out shooter might not be that bad. The life of the game may not be as long though.

Yeah I was hoping for a regular Resident Evil never picked up any of them after 1 I hated the movement in that but one thread says Resi 4 is getting ported so we will have the best of both world plus this will spark a series of rail shooters in NP some kid asked when he can expect rail-shooters on the Wii and the reply was enjoy the one coming to DS for now I think that means we can expect that more will come but they will need to add some to he arcade versions or be a compilation like House of Dead, Time Crisis and that one cop game

Yeah. I read this somewhere too. They are also talking about RE5 being a rail shooter also.... Hopefully their joking around......

What sucks is that RE5 isn't even being made for the Wii, just the 360 and PS3. So this is all we get.

I mean, yeah, it will be fun, but I was expecting a traditional RE game, because I really have never played any other than a little bit of RE4 before.

At least they are porting RE4...

Heck, I definitely don't consider this a bad thing. If they put some effort into it, this'd make a great game for multiplayer, especially at parties and such. It all depends.

If you want a true RE game on Wii, buy this, show Capcom that there IS a userbase for these types of games, and they will come around eventually.

Back