Does your wii get warm?

wiibyte

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2006
i have not noticed until yesterday, but my wii is warm to the touch. I have it standing upright and the sides when you touch it you can feel the heat off the case. This is when the system is turned off. Orange light. I have not tested how hot the system gets with a game in it playing. I was at my friends today and his system was cold after playing about 2 hours. Should i be conserned about the system overheating. Should you feel air comming out of the back of the wii, i noticed the fan holes in the back and the bottom. but don feel any air comming out. I have had the system since it was released.

Thanks.

its normal. everybodys does it... unless its not connected online then it wont be warm. Your friend's probbaly wasent connected online and thats why it was cool. If you are online, it will be warm. Dont worry. :)

like when you put your hand on the side of it you can feel the heat comming off. Thats weird. i hope it does not cause any damage to the system

it wont. I feel heat also and so does everyone else. i was just like u and worried. But i even called nintendo and they said it was fine. :)

Enjoy ur wii!

maybe your just an idiot? i mean normaly i wouldnt jump to such a crazy conclussion but the fact u missed the hundreds of threads already discussing this is a dead give away

wiibyte said:
like when you put your hand on the side of it you can feel the heat comming off. Thats weird. i hope it does not cause any damage to the system

It wont, it would need be a lot more hot....
Anyways its not hot at all when its on due to the fan...but when its off the fans off....and well........ you get it...... its normal

3mpathy said:
maybe your just an idiot? i mean normaly i wouldnt jump to such a crazy conclussion but the fact u missed the hundreds of threads already discussing this is a dead give away

Hes a freakin newb....maybe your the idiot:D

3mpathy said:

^^^^^OH my god i love LadyBoys ^^^^^ (who moan about anythink) there funny....
peace

I have noticed this, the only time this happens is when it is on standby.
Whilst playing a game the console is not hot at all same with when it is completey switched off.

So it looks like its only when i have Connect24 on in standby mode.

Every game system gets hot, my friend has a Xbox 360, we played on it for a hour and it was really hot. Don't worry about it!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back