Dog chewed through sensor bar wire - Now what?

Jeydin

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2007
Title says it all. I tried to splice each wire back together as best as I could and finished with electrical tape. The buttons on the remotes work, but the remote pointer cursor still doesn't. Is there someplace where I can buy a replacement sensor bar?

Thanks

buy 4 info red lights and tape them to the top of the sensor bar and make shure thay are on and that will fix it becuse all thats in the tip of the wii is a info red camra and there is 4 info red lights in the sencor bar

Just buy a new Sensor bar. 100% confident it will work. Unlike some of these homemade solutions

Yeah a replacement sensor bar aren't to hard to get hold of, have you seen how puny the wire is?!

kronau said:
buy 4 info red lights and tape them to the top of the sensor bar and make shure thay are on and that will fix it becuse all thats in the tip of the wii is a info red camra and there is 4 info red lights in the sencor bar

Info red light?
I think you mean infrared :lol:

Just buy a new sensor bar.
Wireless is your best bet.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm new to all this. Yeah, the wire is so thin...

you could always buy a new wired bar then have all the dogs teeth removed.

thinking outside the box, yeah, thats me!

Crazy suggestion for when the new sensor bar arrives. Wrap the new wire in electrical tape chewing dogs don't like the taste of glue. Trust me I had a German Shepherd who liked computer cables rather than kibble. Best of mate I've been there.

Back