Downloading Update - Download Halted Midway

Leinahtan

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
I was in the middle of the download for the new system update when I noticed that the download bar is no longer moving, and hasn't moved for the past hour. What are my options at this point?

Update Locked Up

Same problem here. I got my Wii conected to the Internet and tried doing the update then it locks up. Let it run over night and it's position hasn't changed. Can I restart it without causing problems with my Wii?

This happened to me, i turned off the wii and turn it back on. It did not brick my wii, the update was done it just froze somehow

Trust me on this: Power down your wii, unplug the power cord from your wii, then plug it back on, turn your wii on.

Everything will be okay, its happened to me i also worried and did what i just said and my wii is fine, not bricked.

EDIT: If you don't trust me then just phone nintendo, but if i was you do what i say.

EDIT2: If you do brick your wii from doing what i said don't blame me

Last edited:
Thanks. Worked for me.

That worked for me. Just turned it off, unplugged it and then was able to resart and play Wiiiiii!

Same problem. Powered down the wii, unplugged & re-plugged, turned on and it worked fine with the update.

Yeah, you will be fine by turning it off and starting over. The Wii doesn't update as it downloads, it downloads then updates. It's like canceling a PC download and nothing happens because it was just receiving the information. Now if you turn it off during the installation process.....:incazzato:

No. The other people were just saying that during a recent update (perhaps the internet channel), the Wii froze halfway through. They were just asking if it was okay to reset it and try again.

me 2

I have almost the same problem. After an hour of trying to get the Wii to connect to the internet, it finally was successful and asked me if I wanted to download the update. I said sure, and now, 2 hours later, the progress bar has moved about an inch, and it looks like it stopped.:frown2: I'll try powering it down and unplugging it.

Last edited:
Back