DS online games recommendation?

Axtlar

Del fuego he resurgido...
Nov 26, 2006
Houston Tx.
Wii Online Code
7688-9638-8193-7668
Hello, compatriots.
I want your opinions; I have a DS but no games and I'd like to buy an online game where you can add people's friend codes and play with them when they are connected no matter their location, is there such a game? please don't respond if you don't know, and if there are games like those which would you reccomend?

Well, there's your many-voted Mario Kart DS, but you'll either find people who use crazy cheats, and then snakers.

There's Metroid Prime Hunters and it's many glitches.

And then one of my favorites, Custom Robo Arena. Play it for the online. Not the story. But you gotta play through the horrid story to unlock more parts.

Worms: Open Warefare 2 is a pretty nice online game.

Tetris DS is online, if that's your cup of tea.

Clubhouse games is online.

Picross is online, but I never got the hang of it.

And then there's pokemans. That's online.

There's a game with the words "Create and Race" in the title. Realistic car-racing game that's online (And believe you me, it's not Mario Kart. You can't floor the gas pedal all the time. LOTS OF BREAKING INVOLVED.)

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground is online.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is online, but it's online play is nothing like the main story play.

That's all I can think of for now. Ask me about any of those games, and I can tell you more.

Trulen said:
Well, there's your many-voted Mario Kart DS, but you'll either find people who use crazy cheats, and then snakers.

There's Metroid Prime Hunters and it's many glitches.

And then one of my favorites, Custom Robo Arena. Play it for the online. Not the story. But you gotta play through the horrid story to unlock more parts.

Worms: Open Warefare 2 is a pretty nice online game.

Tetris DS is online, if that's your cup of tea.

Clubhouse games is online.

Picross is online, but I never got the hang of it.

And then there's pokemans. That's online.

There's a game with the words "Create and Race" in the title. Realistic car-racing game that's online (And believe you me, it's not Mario Kart. You can't floor the gas pedal all the time. LOTS OF BREAKING INVOLVED.)

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground is online.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is online, but it's online play is nothing like the main story play.

That's all I can think of for now. Ask me about any of those games, and I can tell you more.

thanks for your detailed response I appreaciate it, but let me tell you that in Mario Kart DS(my bro has it) you can add people to your list, but you can only play with them if they're 10 meters near you, so are those games you mention like Mario Kart DS? because I want to be able to play with a friend from, say, Canada(I'm in the U.S.) oh and what exactly is the online play for Zelda PH? I mean is it something like Four Swords?

{Axtlár} said:
thanks for your detailed response I appreaciate it, but let me tell you that in Mario Kart DS(my bro has it) you can add people to your list, but you can only play with them if they're 10 meters near you,

What Mario Kart DS have you been playing? :lol: You can add people and play them online, I play people from across the other side of Australia. You click on the Nintendo WFC option.

Get Zelda PH first of all its a great game...second it has online so you can play me :) Mario Kart is also good...but I say Zelda

Thanks, Marioman, I'll probably get it! and Eagles: is that true?! so could you please tell me how step by step? like I turn my DS on and then turn the game on, and then what?

Yep sure, I'll go get my DS now. First question do you have a wireless router or wireless access point?

Once you're in the game click the Nintendo WFC option.

Edit: Be right back, going to get lunch.

Last edited:
Of course! I'm only a novice when it comes to DS, not that which you are asking nor Wii or other stuff.

edit: also it is good to state that I have one friend added in the game already.

Last edited by a moderator:

List of DS Wi-fi Games

All of these afaik can be played with friends online in other countries.

My recommendations would be: Tetris DS (I <3 teh bestest game ever made [not the DS version, but Tetris in general])

Metroid Prime Hunters (if you like FPS and can get a good ping go for it)

Mario Kart DS/Diddy Kong Racing DS (if you like racing play one, if you hate snaking in MKDS [you'll find out what it is :p] then play DKRDS)

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (yay for pokemon, although popularity is dying)

2. Click Nintendo WFC settings.

3. Click the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings

4. Click connection 1

5. Test connection and see if it can find your access point.

Last edited:
massi4h said:

List of DS Wi-fi Games

All of these afaik can be played with friends online in other countries.

My recommendations would be: Tetris DS (I <3 teh bestest game ever made [not the DS version, but Tetris in general])

Metroid Prime Hunters (if you like FPS and can get a good ping go for it)

Mario Kart DS/Diddy Kong Racing DS (if you like racing play one, if you hate snaking in MKDS [you'll find out what it is :p] then play DKRDS)

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (yay for pokemon, although popularity is dying)

Lol dude thanks alot but I already know those games and know they are online, and I do know what snaking is, my brother has the game and I've played it, I only want a game that lets me add and play with friends from some other country without them being here with me, and yes I know you know that, I'm just saying thanks. I'll give you rep nonetheless.

ok, Eagles go on...
lol Eagles, that's already established well(I have played before with random people), only tell me how to play with friends

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh I see, ok then. Click Nintendo WFC match and then say yes to "connect to Nintendo WFC". It will then connect you. Then you choose the condition of match by hitting the left arrow until you get to the friend option. To play friend click the ok button when the friends is selected and it will begin searching for them.

Note: They will have to start searching at the same time.

Last edited:
Eagles said:
Ahhh I see, ok then. Click Nintendo WFC match and then say yes to "connect to Nintendo WFC". It will then connect you. Then you choose the condition of match by hitting the left arrow until you get to the friend option. To play friend click the ok button when the friends is selected and it will begin searching for them.
Oh! so it searches for the people you have added and that are connected? wow thanks, bud, I really didn't know that. rep for you

Back