DVD compatible Wii for Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Chris*

Sep 6, 2006
So...indeed there will be a Wii capable of playing DVD's, but so far it has only been confirmed for Japan, as will be due some time next year.

Source>>>http://www.wiiland.com/nintendo-wii/news/dvdcompatible-wii-coming-to-japan-006031.php

So yea. I would say this is a bad move by Nintendo. I would say that they should have just built in a DVD player in the first place. I would say this, but theres no need.

As the article states, you can just simply buy cheap DVD players anyway. What I think = if you want to play games, buy a console. If you want to watch DVD's, buy a DVD player.

Its obvious anyway that soon, both DVD's and players will come down in price, what with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD just about to kick start and all...

Hopefully this is new news :] (I usually fail in bringing news, its always "old"). I would have posted in the "News" section, but we lowlifes are not good enough :lol:

Yeah I read this on i4u and was like what the hell... People are going to be done buying their original Wiis and they are releasing an updated model with DVD playback. I don't need anymore DVD players as I have a 360 and am getting a Ps3 eventually. It just pisses me off that they are releasing an "updated" model... they should have just done this from the getgo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back