EA's "Facebreaker" coming to Wii and 360.

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
facebreaker-ea-annc.jpg

Are you Ready 2 Rumble? "No," says EA's newly announced boxing game, Facebreaker. "But I do feature real-time facial deformation and a lighthearted approach to pugilistic pummeling! So really, I'm more like a Fight Night cel-out." According to the folks at 1UP, Facebreaker is being developed by EA Canada for release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii. Says EA's Peter Moore: "Arcade boxing takes me back to my roots in this industry, and this game signals our shift to adding more approachable fun to our product lineup."

Those approaching the fun will find an inevitably "colorful" cast of playable caricatures to choose from, including "Latin lover" Romeo and "an oversized Russian demolitions expert" called Molotov. If you'd prefer to have your own face broken, you can either integrate a personal photo via Game Face technology or simply wear your Tingle costume when buying the game from the store.

More Facebreaker details can be found in the March 2008 issue of EGM.

Source

Nice, this and the other boxing game Prizefighter will be good to have.
I have been waiting for a good ol' boxing game on the Wii.

lol ye.

i meant if the controls arent rushed and accurate then this game will be decent.

but it does look a bit stupid cant i just get a normal boxing game like fight night

Cartoonish boxing games tend to do well actually. Remember Punch-Out and Super Punch-Out? Ready 2 Rumble! Now maybe this? -,-

I'm sure the controls will be much more accurate and advanced in Facebreaker but I'm fine with WiiSports' boxing.

Yea but Wii Sports boxing is like a demo. You really can't do anything with it. I just shake my two hands the whole time and I win every match ez. Granted ive only played like like 2 times because it was boring.

It does, but don't judge a book by it's cover. I hope this game goes well because the current boxing games aren't that good, except for Wii Boxing, but that just got old.

Back