Eduardo's Serious Injury

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Wikipedia said:
Eduardo suffered a triple leg break in the third minute of Arsenal's match against Birmingham City on 23 February 2008, after a tackle by Martin Taylor, who was sent off for the challenge. Eduardo received eight minutes of on-field treatment before being stretchered off wearing an oxygen mask. Replays showed that the two pieces of broken bone became perpendicular to each other with his foot seemingly dangling by a thread from his leg. Commentators say this may be one of the worst injuries in English top flight football history. The injury was so graphic that Sky Sports, who were showing the game live, decided not to show replays of the incident. After being stretchered off the field, he was immediately taken to Selly Oak Hospital for further treatment. Eduardo will miss the rest of the 2007–08 season and also Euro 2008. Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger called for a lifetime ban of Taylor for the tackle, adding on Sky Sports: "His injury is very, very bad. More than his season is over." At around quarter past 8 it was confirmed that Eduardo had surgery on his broken bone and will remain in a Birmingham hospital for the time being.

Damn, this has the potential to be the end of his career.

Picture of the tackle:
DSC00142.jpg

Picture of the obvious breakage (WARNING)
DSC00143.jpg

Recon he'll be back in a year or 2, or is it all over for Eduardo? Also what do you think should happen to Martin Taylor?

Well It all depends if Taylor was doing that viciously or if it was an acxcident
I say he should sit out the next season at least

As an Arsenal fan, i want to say:

Get well soon Eduardo, we will miss you mate :)

Finally, Wenger said that doctors have higher hopes than a year, it could become less, but it all depends on how the operation went.

Im hoping it isnt that long. As for Taylor? Ban the bastard. Life. Why? Look at this inhumane being...laughing at Eduardos mangaled leg (Attatchment)

Horrendous injury, one of the worst leg breaks I've seen.

I don't reckon that Taylor intended it though, that picture could easily be misleading.

[How good is Gallas though? Ledge.]

I watched the match on match of the day and I was like 'what a diver' when I saw it, but then I saw the replay.. ouch

Lewi T said:
Horrendous injury, one of the worst leg breaks I've seen.

I don't reckon that Taylor intended it though, that picture could easily be misleading.

[How good is Gallas though? Ledge.]

Are you serious about Gallas? I don't think he's good.. I hate him..

But yea, saw a video on youtube last night of this injury. Wow. And yea, I agree with Lewi, don't think it was intended. Hope he recovers well.

It wasn't intentional a video shows he was going for the ball but Eduardo turned around quicker than Taylor expected. His red card was punishment enough but I do think he should apologise publicly and offer Eduardo some support.

Back