EGM Magazine hands the Wii some nice hardware!

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
In the March issue of EGM Magazine there is a best and worst section.
The best awards for the Wii part were:

Best Level Design : The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Runner up: Tomb Raider Legend)

Best Battle System: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Runner up: Final Fantasy XII)

Designer Of the Year: Twilight Princess Director Eiji Aonuma ( Runner up: Gears of War director Cliff Bleszinski)

Best Multiplayer Experience : Wii Sports (Runner up: Gears of War)

Biggest Innovation: Wii Remote ( Runner up: Brain training ds game)]

and Game Of The Year : The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Runner up: Gears of War )

Now this is just their opinion but its nice to see the Wii get some very good recognition, not that they need it really. Your thoughts, any surprises?
Im surprised by Wii Sports personally, you dont even need online to have a good experience is basically what they are saying, if they chose Wii Sports.

I think the LoZ award were well deserved...especially in Level Design...the game was amazing to play because of the beauty in the levels that surrounded you everywhere.

Yeah they certainly got it right with the level design award. Those levels are so complicated and well thought out, it was mindboggling. You pass like the same spot 10 different times, each time doing something different than the last time, yet each time is progressive not repetitive. It was amazing and so intricate. Not to mention the graphical beauty, just gave everything such a nice touch. I also LOVE the fact they had Link doing so many different things that he doesnt normally do in a Zelda game. Like so many different activites and abilities. Such as
when your in the snow level and have to go to the Yeti's house and to get there you have to snowboard. I thought that was pretty cool.

Back