Error 32004

kimknight

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
I have Linksys wrt54gs. I just tried to get my WII internet connection working. It connects fine but when I try to load the update it comes back with the Error 32004. What can I do? The nintindo site isn't really helpful.

Thanks,
Kimberley

hope this helps

sup kim, i get the same thing and the Nintendo website is like "jump up and down and spin on ur head, this should fix it" i know its frustrating ay.... i cant spin for **** :( but serious, all i can say is it'll work eventually.. hop on net a bit, test ur connection,, re add wep key or whatever and itll work eventually,, Nintendo released an update that is screwing stuff up, we gota sit this one out kim :( good luck :p

Hi

i also have that model of router....i couldn't get my Wii to connect
wirelessy to it either, despite changing loads of settings.

in the end i gave up and connected another linksys to it which acts
as a "wireless access point" to the Wii. this allows connection without
problems.

FYI, my WRT54GS is iirc, a V5.x firmware which is "apparently" the worst
one to go for as it can't be changed easily to "hacked" firmware which is
readily available.

looking at the "routers" sticky in this forum it appears that there are
people who use the WRT54GS without issues....maybe certain chipsets
and firmware are the problem here?

Error Code 32004

How are you attempting to connect your Wii console online?

* Wireless Router
* Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Wireless Router:

1. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. Be sure to try both channels if the first one you try does not work. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available). (The "Channel" setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's setup utility.)

2. If adjusting the "Channel" did not work, please review our "Slow Download Times or Errors Received While Connecting" troubleshooting tips by clicking here.

3. Are you using a Netgear brand wireless router? Our expeirence shows disabling the "SPI Firewall" of the router may help the connection. The "SPI Firewall" option is typically found under the "WAN Setup" tab of the router's settings. For information on accessing your router's settings, please click here and select the model of the Netgear router you own (if available).

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/32004.jsp

Back