Evolution: Are you being brainwashed?

coolsmile

Owner of Last Level Games
Jan 19, 2007
US...
evolutionkf4.jpg

Are you being brainwashed?

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING (OR AT LEAST MOST OF IT) BEFORE POSTING SOMETHING!
I'm not proving GOD exists, it's impossible, I'm proving that evolution is wrong!!!

Introduction: In schools today they teach you how everything began and that was due to this theroy known as evolution. This theory is taught to students and through many "facts" these students are told, they come to beleive it. BUT is everything that you are told true? That is up for you to decide...

LOOK AT THIS SITE IT HAS A LOT OF EVIDENCE EXPLAINING WHY EVOLUTION DOESN'T WORK!!!
HERE!!!

What is evolution?
Evolution is the beleif that we all came from a common ancestor, but there are many different types of evolution and they are:
Cosmic Evolution: The origin of time, space, and matter from nothing called the big bang
Chemical Evolution: The origin of higher elements from the hydrogen supposedly produced in the big bang
Stellar and Planetary Evolution: The origin of starts and planets from dust clouds
Organic Evolution: The origin of life from non living matter due to spontanious generation
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Macro Evolution: One kind of animal changes into another kind (ex: a microorganism to a bird)
Micro Evolution: Mutations that occur in an animal that changes the species (wolf => dog)

The first 5 of these have absolutely NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE supporting them. If you think there is, go ahead and try to prove me wrong ;)

Now for the discussion topics...

Here are things you might be told...

Lets start with the carbon dating method:
There are many problems with dating with carbon 14. First off, there isn't a high percentage of C-14 in rocks.

Second It assumes 3 things:
1. The only decay of C-14 is from time <-Bad
2. All the C-14 that is measured is from the rock
3. The rate of decay is constant

Third, it's half life is only 5,730 years so... (bear with me here)
Lets say the earth is 6.4 billion years old, if you used C-14 dating to date a rock that old it would have gone through 1,116,928 half lives. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, there would be no C-14 left, but there is still some C-14 left! C-14 is not detectable after only 17 half lives! That means no rock with C-14 could be older than 97,410 years!

Going on with dating methods
There are about 160 Geophysical Clocks (methods of dating rocks/earth)
Over 90% give an earth that would give a date less than 1 million years! Oddly, scientists don't use these methods...
One method that isn't used is using detecting the hydrogen from Radioactive decay which is much more accurate, but isn't used due to the low dates it produces ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with the "Early Humans"
Lucy the australopithecus for example, s/he was more like an ape then a human. s/he didn't have the locking mechanism in the knees humans do and the never found her/his feet, showing that we don't know that s/he was bipedal. Lucy had long arms and short legs like apes. The early humans are bogus...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might be familiar with this image:
bievolutionhorse.gif

Now with the horses, this has been proved incorrect many years ago. Othniel Marsh made this Horse Evolution up by gathereing fossils of animals from all over the world and arranged them in order in the way that he thought that the horse evolved. He didn't find those fossils to form one of those horses in one place, but in many different places... :D

And that "small horse" that is 4 toed isn't a horse, but it is alive in Turkey, it is carnivorous also... It's not even a horse :mad2:

I've been sitting for 2 hours thinking so I'm going to post this now and add more on later. Any Questions Please Post :D

Oh, and come to my website: Last Level Games

Last edited:
Evolution obviously exists. If we humans were evolved from another species no one knows but in my mind it is definetly more believable than creationism. But this is coming from an athiest. Most of the people on here probably believe in creationism but I believe that if you actually thought for yourselves instead of just assuming what your parents or whoever tells you is true there would be more athiests than thiests. Thats just my opinion though and I think for myself rather than having other people do it for me which would be obvious if you knew me since I'm an athiest in Utah and my entire family and 98% of the people that live near me are mormon.

when you can prove to me if the chicken came first or the egg came first i will patiently listen

until then

its all bullocks

except for the bit about GOD
GOD is real
:yesnod:

AussieWii said:
when you can prove to me if the chicken came first or the egg came first i will patiently listen

until then

its all bullocks

GOD is real

And what if there was evidence that "God doesn't exist, would you still believe in him? What would probably happen is all the theists would try to cover it up and it would start many wars. If such a thing happened it could cause the extinction of the human race.

paintba||er said:
Evolution obviously exists. If we humans were evolved from another species no one knows but in my mind it is definetly more believable than creationism. But this is coming from an athiest. Most of the people on here probably believe in creationism but I believe that if you actually thought for yourselves instead of just assuming what your parents or whoever tells you is true there would be more athiests than thiests. Thats just my opinion though and I think for myself rather than having other people do it for me which would be obvious if you knew me since I'm an athiest in Utah and my entire family and 98% of the people that live near me are mormon.

Why do you assume that all people who believe in a higher power simply go on what their mommy and daddys tell them? I'm a grown woman soon to have my own family, entering the peace corp, getting an M.D. and very well rounded. I look deeply into anything and everything I believe because I question everything I'm told - I study not only what I believe, but what others believe as well so that I'm not one-track-minded.

Not to sound mean, but it sounds like you're being quite self-righteous and close-minded when you automatically assume that thiests soak up every word we're fed.

Last edited:
~Marisa~ said:
Why do you assume that all people who believe in a higher power simply go on what their mommy and daddys tell them? I'm a grown woman soon to have my own family, entering the peace corp, getting an M.D. and very well rounded. I look deeply into anything and everything I believe because I question everything I'm told - I study not only what I believe, but what others believe as well so that I'm not one-track-minded.

Not to sound mean, but it sounds like you're being quite self-righteous and close-minded when you automatically assume that thiests soak up every word we're fed.

I'm not saying thats true in all cases but from my experience in Utah where everyone tries to convert me and I ask them why they are Mormon besides that their parents were and they never have an answer. They all just assume that what they are told is true and around here all the people from the church come and babtise you and stuff while you are really young and have no idea what is going on just to lock you in so you have little choice on your religion. Then they keep calling you trying to get you to go to seminary or church and if you don't they send people to your house to bug you. I know that not all thiests are like this but the majority of them only believe in the religion because of their parents or the location that they grew up in. If you grow up in Saudi Arabia and your parents are Muslim there isn't much chance that your gonna be a Catholic.

paintba||er said:
I'm not saying thats true in all cases but from my experience in Utah where everyone tries to convert me and I ask them why they are Mormon besides that their parents were and they never have an answer. They all just assume that what they are told is true and around here all the people from the church come and babtise you and stuff while you are really young and have no idea what is going on just to lock you in so you have little choice on your religion. Then they keep calling you trying to get you to go to seminary or church and if you don't they send people to your house to bug you. I know that not all thiests are like this but the majority of them only believe in the religion because of their parents or the location that they grew up in. If you grow up in Saudi Arabia and your parents are Muslim there isn't much chance that your gonna be a Catholic.

While I agree with you, some parents raise their children as certain religions but at the same time are open-minded enough to accept other possibilities or even accept that religion is based off of fate, not fact.

paintba||er said:

I agree 100% - I've had that same exact thing happen to me. A lot of religion has become corrupt and a new "fad" just to say you're holyer than others and I think it's disgusting. When I decided to stray from what I was taught by my parents and told them I was going to find my own path, they pretty much disowned me. I believe that if your religion is truly as good as you may say it is, then the religion should speak for itself and shoving it in people's faces is unnecessary. If a religion is filled with love - wouldn't they want you to find out on your own if it's right for you instead of feeling obligated to believe so?

You're not wrong or alone in this feeling, a lot of religions now-a-days are becoming too forceful and self-righteous to see what's truly ahead; or should I say the people in religions are.

This isn't only in religion either, I've noticed it amoung other many types of people - all trying to push their beliefs on everyone. Example: Homosexuals, heterosexuals, people of all different cultures and colors seperating and discriminating, people of different political views etc....

It seems like people tend to swarm toward "their kind" and push everyone different out of the way. Almost like a society full of little cults. :arf:

AussieWii said:

until then

its all bullocks

GOD is real

The egg came first.

Protochicken, which is not a chicken, has a mutant baby egg, which IS a chicken. Chicken hatches, Protochicken species is dying out, Chickens continue to exist.

Unless you'd like to believe that creatures just all of a sudden decide "****, I'm going to start laying eggs instead of giving live birth", or vice versa. In which case, :eek:ut:

If I ever see god, I plan on asking him what the hell he did to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Both of those things are as likely as the other to exist.

:nonod: *sigh*

OK, this isn't where I wanted the topic to go, I'm going to say now that I am Christian, but I have not said anything about GOD in my topic. All I'm doing is Showing you that evolution doesn't work

evilprofessorzog said:
Evolution is false. The world was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was him that created all the so called scientific evidence, just to trick us.
If you don't believe me, look here:
http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

you silly person

everyone knows that GOD created the flying spaghetti monster who then in turn created the world :ihih:

:ciappa:

Yes i clicked on the link, but only read a few lines and got bored
I dont need or want to prove to you or anyone else that GOD exist

he is more than capable of doing that all by himself :smilewinkgrin:

MaXiMiUS said:
The egg came first.

Protochicken, which is not a chicken, has a mutant baby egg, which IS a chicken. Chicken hatches, Protochicken species is dying out, Chickens continue to exist.

Unless you'd like to believe that creatures just all of a sudden decide "****, I'm going to start laying eggs instead of giving live birth", or vice versa. In which case, :eek:ut:

If I ever see god, I plan on asking him what the hell he did to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Both of those things are as likely as the other to exist.

:nonod: *sigh*

was the protochicken related to the protopet that makes a appearance in ratchet and clank 2 (playstation 2) ??? :prrr:

and just to prevent any incidents where by you are struck down by lightning and suffer a horrible, horrible, painful Death.

God has a capital G in it :eek:

I am a very brave man, i will joyfully make fun and humiliate just about anything or anyone if i think theres a laugh in it

But i wont take the piss out of God
only a really stupid person would do that :devil:

unless of course its funny and in good taste
Even God enjoys a laugh, at least i think he does :thumbsup:

Maybe God could come into this thread and clear all this up ? :ee5k:

There is no good evidence that god exists and deffinetly no scientific evidence. I will take science anyday because heres a newsflash: SCIENCE IS BASED ON FACTS.

Back