Fifa 09 Talk Thread

ProShooter

WiiChat Member
Aug 8, 2007
Yeah since I love that game and keep making threads for it...I thought I would just make one thread that covers anything I discuss.

Can anyone give me tips on how to score a friggen free kick? And a bycicle kick!
Can't get these damn achievements.

Also anyone up for a match?

What does holding LB do when I take a free kick? I hit the post like 100000000000000000000000000000000 times with Torres doing a bicycle kick...well more like 3.

Think it's LB.. might be RB *-) I always forget when I'm actually playing aha. But yeah, it drives it hard and low. So if you're about 30 yards out, try and get the power bar about half way and POWWWWW.

And rofls P:

lol. I hate using man u but I'll use the little pussy Ronaldo to score the free kick
And thanks for the advice, I'll try it.

I dont really like soccer. ;D

Brownies you play this a lot but id rather play Madden

Think it's LB.. might be RB *-) I always forget when I'm actually playing aha. But yeah, it drives it hard and low. So if you're about 30 yards out, try and get the power bar about half way and POWWWWW.

And rofls P:

it is LB. i havent gotten the achievement yet even though i hit all the my freekicks with LB. i came close one time but it hit the post :mad2:

I dont really like soccer. ;D

Brownies you play this a lot but id rather play Madden

probably cause I play soccer in real life :) And watch it on TV

K i'll try LB :) hopefully scores with gerrard.

I rarely use L1/LB when taking free kicks unless I'm dead far out. Just aim inside of the near post, put about a quarter power (bit more or less depending on how far out you are), and hold up to get dip. Goal. I score or nearly score pretty much all the time.

As for bicycle kicks, the cross needs to have gone over your head so you need to cross it deep into your striker. I don't know if this actually works, but I've got a habit of double tapping shoot to do them and it seems to do the trick, but it might just be coincidence. I think timing plays a big part though.

Gerrard has no power on the ball for me and I always aim near the post. Thanks for the tips though, also how do you curve the ball when you do a free kick?

I might just use Man U to get a bicycle kick, the best luck I got out of Liverpool was Torres though I got no power on his bicycle kicks.

Gerrard has no power on the ball for me and I always aim near the post. Thanks for the tips though, also how do you curve the ball when you do a free kick?

Lmfao. You messing? I score free kicks with Gerrard all the time. You need to get the power bar at the right level.
To curl it, hold the stick left or right.

I might just use Man U to get a bicycle kick, the best luck I got out of Liverpool was Torres though I got no power on his bicycle kicks.

Why would you choose to be a c**t though? I've scored numerous of bicycle kicks with El Nino.

It's all about the cross, rather then the team you use. (though I'm pretty sure you'd never get 1 using Donnies or someone)
And I used to use LB all the time and score 95% of the time from any distance.. I've gotta feeling there's been some sort of update or something to prevent this

/ I've lost it :/

I don't know, I'm that pissed I guess. I've been playing like 100 games with liverpool each day offline on Amateur and can't seem to do it.

Wiired ! FACE ME :)

And can you only curl the ball when your just normally shooting

Back