Finally got a Wii, couple questions?

J&K

WiiChat Member
Oct 3, 2007
Well after trying for months to get a Wii for my 7yr old daughter, finally got one yesterday. Question: is it easy for that age usually to pick up on the way games are played with the motion sensor. Hope it is because 6 months ago I bought a PS3 thinking that the fact it plays PS2 games she would love it. Did not turn out that way. She was having difficulty with the PS controller, and everytime we went to buy or rent games she would go to the Wii games and point out all the games she would like to play on the Wii. Anyway just maybe some suggestions on what are good games to start out with that can be played easily and have fun with. Thanks.

yeah id say the controls are pretty straightforward for wiisports but zelda MSC etc games might be a bit more complicated.

Well Wii sports is definite. Also, there are more kid-geared games like movie licensed games, and maybe mario party. My sims just came out right? if shes into controlling the whole world type of thing, tweaking houses and people. there are much more but i dont know what her playing level is. for example there is a game based on chicken little which is actually really decent i hear, but the controls might be tough for her to tackle.

You can't get any simpler then the Wii Sports (that comes with the console) and Wii Play that can be purchased with a Wii Remote included. What games are your daughter interested in?

My 6 year old stepson has too much difficulty with the motion stuff, and holding a controller in each hand. The only game we have that he's been able to get the hang of is Super Paper Mario. He can also play, and enjoys, the VC games. Mind you, my stepson is bad ADHD and is very immature for his age, so your daughter might not have a single problem with it. Hope it works out ok :thumbsup:

She likes the movie licensed games, and the Mario games. She catches on pretty quick. I think the major problem with are other system more than learning the controllers was just no games she really liked for it. So in the end she would not try hard for lack of interest.

Eagles said:
You can't get any simpler then the Wii Sports (that comes with the console) and Wii Play that can be purchased with a Wii Remote included. What games are your daughter interested in?

The biggest reason she wanted a Wii is because she found out that the Wii was getting High School Musical, and Hannah Montana. That sold her. Those two shows are her world right now. I guess if thats all she got, it would be enough for her.

Mario Party 8
Warioware: Smooth Moves

Those are both games that are fun for groups as well.

My 7 year old daughter plays with our Wii. She loves the "Sports" game that comes with the console(bowling is her favorite). She plays "Play" and "Rayman Raving Rabbids". I plan on getting "Carnival Games" and "Wario Ware Smooth Moves" next.

Wii Play would be a good one.
As well as all the movie games, like Shrek 3 and Barnyard etc.

J&K said:
The biggest reason she wanted a Wii is because she found out that the Wii was getting High School Musical, and Hannah Montana. That sold her. Those two shows are her world right now. I guess if thats all she got, it would be enough for her.
i heard the hannah montana concert sold out in under 4 minutes lol.

wii play is very easy to get the hang of, and im sure warioware is too (havent played) id say pretty much any of the mini game collections are easy enough to play for your daughter. lots of games are geared towards the younger crowd on the wii, shouldnt be too hard to find a few good ones (some you might enjoy too)

i woudldn't reccoment wario ware, that might be a little fast for her. the games move so quick, even i have trouble keeping up with whats happening! Mario party is pretty easy, and being a good multiplayer game you could help her a lot. its not that great for just a single player though... Buying some of the Virtual Console games would be good. Being old, they're a lot simpler then the new games, but you might need a classic controller/game cube controller for some. If you hook the internet up to the wii as well, and go to www.miniclip.com, they have a speacial wii version of the site with lots of kid-friendly games that you don't have to pay for.
I'm sure if you ask the person at the shop they would have a good idea as well.

Start them out on VC. I grew up with those games as a kid. Ah, Nintendo how you taught me rage. Beware, some of those games are hard core and may result in a angry childhood. It worked fine for me. I swore my way to multiple game tournaments, and am the friendly gamer I am today.

Yeah, as mentioned above, the Wii controls are pretty straight forward. I am sure that your daughter will not have any problems with the controls. As for games for her age, why not try:

- Cooking Mama
- WarioWare
- Rayman: Raving Rabbids
- Kororinpa

These are just a few, but there are many more games available for her age group. Happy gaming.

Back