Forum Improvements - What do YOU Want to See?

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
What do you want to see here at Wiichat? What do you want changed, or omitted completely? General forum suggestions, in other words, to get a feel of what is most wanted/needed.

Let the feedback spew forth!

How about a few stickys pointing people to the right areas
Like in the online section one directing to the freindcodes section stating that this bit is only for those that need online help (same with the chat area)
A new release section for updates of whats out on Wii, Wiiware and VC(ok so the last two seem to be getting fased out by Nintendo)
Some kind of intro by the new people in charge as I dont trust people I dont know

Basically anything that has been said in the other thread

More moderators to help keep order and clean up, more rules enforced (double posting, spamming, etc), and more stickies as Prinny said.

I'd like a chatbox.

Last edited:
How about debate section/serious discussion forum?

More moderators to help keep order and clean up, more rules enforced (double posting, spamming, etc), and more stickies as Prinny said.

This.

Although my idea might be difficult to employ, it'd be nice to have a way to confirm new members have read the rules, or atleast attempt to get them to. Be it an automatic PM they get when registering or some other method, I think it'd prevent a lot of unmeritable excuses and rule breaking from occuring.

Or perhaps something else, such as locking all but the introductory forums until they visit the FAQ page?

Basic forum posting guidelines are presented to a user before they regester, CK.

Ofcourse they are, Fox. I can imagine how many new members don't read that, though... I personally believe a PM would catch their attention more. Or so I'd think.

If people don't want to read the forum rules, they are posting on false pretenses.
You have to agree to the rules to join. Therefore, members who break rules have no excuse, and are given warnings and such.

Though having members like you who are here to remind people of certain rules is nice.

Fair enough. I don't think there will be a moderation issue now, and so #2 should also follow suit.
I'd like a chatbox.
Eh, chatboxes are hit and miss. I don't know if it would be a good addition for a site like this.
How about debate section/serious discussion forum?
I could go either way on this one.
Haha, also seconded. Give Prinny and Syntax their "Valued Member" mushrooms back, damn it.

CK, I think Fox is right. If they're not going to read the terms & conditions before they join, I doubt they're going to take the time out of their day to read it after they join.

Haha, also seconded. Give Prinny and Syntax their "Valued Member" mushrooms back, damn it.

That's right, two mushrooms for me :shifty:

List of current moderators:

1. Napalmbrain
2. ssbb_lover
3. King_Wiired
4. Fox
5. Foxy
6. Syntax (still around)
7. Mitch2025

The ammount of confusion between me and Foxy is going to be crazy.

I just remembered Prez for some reason... Best mod we ever had.
Isnt CantGetAWii still a mod?

Getting back on topic; I personally think we should cut out the tournament thing alltogether. Nobody wants to start one and even more less participate through them.

No, we just don't have any right now, although with all of us, I doubt we'll need any.

Back