Fragile, New Wii RPG Details

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Japanese publication Famitsu has revealed a new RPG from Namco Bandai called Fragile: Sayonara Tsuki no Haikyo (roughly translated as Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon). The game will take place in the third-person perspective and emphasize exploration.

Players will assume the role of a young boy named Seto who lives in a futuristic world that has "lost its light". Much of the world's population has mysteriously disappeared, leaving only a blanket of cold, evil fog. Seto will explore the ruins of this desolate landscape in the hopes of finding other human beings, particularly a girl called "Heroine".

At Seto's disposal will be a flashlight, along with tools of metal and wood such as a stick and metal detector. These items can be used as weapons, to help solve puzzles, dissipate the fog, uncover enemies and more. According to Famitsu, players will move Seto with the Nunchuk's analog stick and employ the Wii Remote for such actions as pointing the flashlight.

Game design and graphics direction for Fragile will be handled by Namco Producer Kentaro Kawashima and the team behind PlayStation 2 title Venus & Braves. Developer Tri-Crescendo, known for its work on the Baten Kaitos series of RPGs for GameCube and Eternal Sonata for Xbox 360, will handle the game's development.

Readers can expect Fragile to be released in Japan during 2008. No word of a worldwide debut has been given.

Namco Bandai plans to hold an event for the game on November 24.

Here's the Japanese site:
http://fragile.namco-ch.net/

The game definitely has my interest. It has a lot of potential, hopefully they'll succeed with it.

A new game is always a good thing, especially if it is a RPG. The game's emphasis on exploration sounds good to me. Thanks for the update.

I will probably buy this whenever it comes out. I'm itching for a WiiPG. (sorry!) If they developed baten kaitos this will probably be pretty solid right??

Famitsu scans...

fragilefamitsuscan0nwfpn4.jpg

fragilefamitsuscan1anwfpt0.jpg

fragilefamitsuscan2anwfzk5.jpg

Back