SACTOWN
Wii Online Code
5481-6878-4567-7796
Petition Statistics 10/30/07 7:25 PM PST:
2 bumps
3 replies that did not follow rules [Wii-Fi, LevesqueIsKing]
30-5= 25 Signatures

RULES:

1. Do not argue/disapprove/discourage/flame/harass by REPLYING.
2. If you do not agree with this post, then just simply I G N O R E it.
3. If you feel that this post is non-sense/hopeless/waste, please don't waste your time typing your reactions/opinions.
4. If you still feel like you need to get something out of your system, please just flame me all you want in PM.
5. Only reply with S U G G E S T I O N S or S I G N A T U R E S.
6. Understand and follow the rules (yes, even if you don't like this post) :)

The point of this post is to hopefully be stickied and be agreed by most of you who do not like friend codes. [For those of you, who does like friend codes :wtf: Please do not argue in here and just flame me by private message. My goal is to have as much signatures/approvals as possible from the biggest wii forum as of now ("wiichat.com") and later on forward this thread to Nintendo to disprove their thoughts about us gamers "liking" the friend codes.]

Alright, I think around 90% of the Wii Fans or Flamers think that friend codes are lame and somewhat annoying. However, Mr. Walter of Nintendo misinterpreted our (us gamers') thoughts of this malicious friend code.

Nintendo's Public Relations Manager, Eric Walter commented about friend codes, "But the way that we think about friend codes is, when folks are online, and they want to play, they typically want to play with their friends. And so, they want to keep it to groups of people they know. We've seen, in the feedback we've gotten, that people don't mind the friend codes. They like them, because it keeps them playing with the friends that they do know, and it keeps their games "undisturbed," if you will.
Source from : http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22282

I do see that it is true that we will be playing with our "real friends" online more than strangers, but how many of us have enough "real friends" that owns a Wii(especially when the demand is or was ridiculously high), the same game, and internet connection to satisfy our competitiveness in online gaming?

May I suggest a buddy list in which you can add them as your friend during the game?

And a "Favorites" list for one's real friends to be in that includes minor additional features like being able to listen to them on a headset if Nintendo ever implements this feature. Having them registered as "real friends" and being able to communicate with them through live voice would bring a "live vibe" as though they're playing right next to each other. It would also ultimately secure kids from playing online games and being cussed at by random people(which i think the reason why Friend codes ever came up and probably the reason why we do not have headset for live communication today)

Please Sign If You Agree by posting your Username on this post and adding some additional comments that can support our petition to nintendo. I will constantly update this with additions that would benefit Nintendo's Wi-Fi capability.

Thanks for reading and signing!

P.S. Please sign once and only once to make this a valid petition!

---------------------ADDITIONS REQUESTED BY OTHER USERS--------------------------
samXcor3 said:
Every person should have a single username to go universally with all games. Friends lists can be made with the use of these usernames, so many digits are not needed. With this simplistic way of online gaming, hardcore gamers are satisfied without the hassle of friend codes, and new "casual" gamers avoid confusion and possibly being turned off to the Wii system out of frustration. Additionally, one username as opposed to 16 digits is a lot easier for all to relate to , as well as remember, especially when adding 1. the 16 digit Wii numbers and 2. additional codes for each individual game, to the confusing friend code puzzle. Both the casual and hardcore audiences can benefit from a single unified Wii username which would replace friend codes.

signed:
samXcor3

oxhaker said:
Signed

have a MANDATORY option
on all games that let you either stick with codes or go "global"
Oxhaker

----------------EXPLANATIONS WHY TO SIGN--------------------
mushroomedmario said:
You cannot remove friend codes for games that are already released but for future games they can.....just you'd have to register online, with a code and create yourself a username....and bam.

if a petition get's big enough, companies pay attention....kinda hard not to..

Last edited:
hmmm... was just about to do this as well.

i shall spread it to other sites, such as ign, gametrailers, gamespot, etc.

-Future World Emperor Link

Every person should have a single username to go universally with all games. Friends lists can be made with the use of these usernames, so many digits are not needed. With this simplistic way of online gaming, hardcore gamers are satisfied without the hassle of friend codes, and new "casual" gamers avoid confusion and possibly being turned off to the Wii system out of frustration. Additionally, one username as opposed to 16 digits is a lot easier for all to relate to , as well as remember, especially when adding 1. the 16 digit Wii numbers and 2. additional codes for each individual game, to the confusing friend code puzzle. Both the casual and hardcore audiences can benefit from a single unified Wii username which would replace friend codes.

signed:
samXcor3

Last edited:
I totally agree. The wii numbers are way too long and having to enter another one everytime you get a new game is not fun.

-agn015

i am in total agreement we all know how xbox live works why cant we have something like that because it works and it works well. you can play with your friends just as easy as playing with strangers.

-belmont

Axe the friend codes and impliment an easier system of adding and playing with friends like stated above.

-Moose

i totally agree here to brothers...it gets annoying after awhile...cuz when u come to add sumone there like i allready added u to my wii and strikers...then i input there codes and its sitting there like stilll waiting for that person that u just added to actually add u!

Last edited:
I agree completely, and if Nintendo is worried about little kids getting cussed at, what is the chance that little kids will know how to hook up the headset and get onto the internet, seriously. And if they do know how to do that, they are probably old enough to have heard cuss words, especially in school.

oh yeah: Signed Bilzar

Last edited:
Signed.. Warrior

Great post, and nintendo NEED to get rid of FC's if they want to challenge the 360 on all fronts.

Back