Full Downloadable Games for DS (Says Reggie!!)

samXcor3

the best kid!
Oct 2, 2007
Wii Online Code
3732-3369-2853-4491
Gamespot said:
The DS has long been able to download game demos from game stores, booths at gaming events, and even some airports. Now, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed that the console maker has plans to extend this functionality to offer full games via download.

Speaking to The New York Times, Fils-Aime explained that in the future, the Wii and the DS will have a lot more interplatform functionality. He gave the example of using the Wii to download games in manner akin to Xbox Live, and then using the wireless connection to transfer them to the DS.

The first Nintendo first-party game to make use of the wireless connection between the Wii and the DS will be Professor Layton and the Curious Village, a puzzle game due out February in the US. Gamers will be able to get new puzzles for the title via Wii downloads.

I knew about demos for DS but full games? Awesome! It's like DSWare.
In the article they also tlak about pushing the casual DS base basically, by offering stuff like museum information through download. (?!)

Source

Yeah, this can be interpreted in a few different ways. I think if we don't get another statement from Reggie in the next week or so, then I think we can say that it was an official announcement of a, like you said "Dsware"

Which would be amazing.

Just another reason to be excited for 2008

They also had stuff from a Baseball game on your Ds where you could order food etc. by using it.

Can't wait for this though, my sister has a Ds and barely uses it.
I will find use for it now :lol:

awesome. i do have a question though. are we gonna have to be near our wii's to do this? cuz like the point of a DS is to you know be portable. i wonder if nintendo will release an optional DS cartridge that will act as a memory card and hold the games you download from the wii (kinda like those illegal R4 things except legal). heck, maybe it'll be one of those free free free things where we dont have to pay item cost, shipping and handling (like the wii wrist straps and wii jackets). that would be nice

well if they have it where you get the full games from the wii then MAYBE you can save the game to the wii again or something!

matthewj said:
well if they have it where you get the full games from the wii then MAYBE you can save the game to the wii again or something!
yeah...i dunno about game saves...if they're gonna release titles JUST through wii, then i imagine that they would have some way of saving to the DS since the whole point is portability and gaming on the go...SD cards arent the same size as DS games are they? i dunno.

That would be very cool, but with no Hard Drive present in the DS I can't see there being a full game on it. But Nintendo may find a way. We'll see exactly what they mean by a "Full Game".

Back