Game developers: Nintendo is not doing enough to promote WiiWare and DSiWare

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.qj.net, Game developers think Nintendo aren't doing enough to promote wiiware & dsiware titles.

wii_b.png

It's no secret that Nintendo hasn't been proliferating the online sales front, and for some of the developers on WiiWare and DSiWare, the company just isn't making enough effort to promote the service. As a result, many games on the online store have gone unnoticed, much to the dismay of their developers.

"Nintendo, in my opinion, could do more to keep the WiiWare and DSiWare stores in customer's minds" said Nick Watt of Australian developer, Nnooo! Games. "It is great that every new customer knows about and uses these services when they first connect their Wiis or DS. However, how many continue to frequent those stores? I think it is and should be Nintendo's responsibility to have a continued marketing presence to maintain people's awareness about the service."

"We feel that Nintendo is not doing enough to promote the service at all," said Jag Jaege of JV Games. "We feel that the vast majority of Wii owners have absolutely no idea that they can even connect to the internet."

Nintendo already launched a sizable ad campaign for their digital distribution avenues, but the push goes only as far as the United Kingdom.

heres the link GamesIndustry.biz

i think they're right. wiiware and dsiware is a great feature with some great stuff. but some developers can't advertise so it falls to nintendo to aadvertise,especiallyif they want to make even more money.

No thanks
I hate games that are download only with a passion.
I hate it more than disc based things

Back