Game Genie?

Jan 31, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not that its that big of a deal, but do you think it would be possible for them to make a Game Genie available again for download. Pretty much the exact same thing, enter a code, then start the game? I would buy it . Game genie was fun sometimes, or when a game was impossible like Deadly Towers.

Yes I agree. Some NES games NEED Game Genie. You may have this function with Codemasters next cheat device launch for the Wii. I doubt Gameshark would supply anything decent. I couldn't even get decent Xeno Saga 2 codes. Gameshark went downhill. Avoid them. They sue people for making their own codes.

Yeah, they need something, I mean, I think I saw game genie for PC emulators, if they work on PC, they should work on Wii, right?

To be honest, I think it would be even more unlikely than Goldeneye on the vc....

There was a book all about Nintendo - Game Over (press start to continue) which I recommend as a good read for anybody interested in the history of Nintendo. One chapter in the book detailed a massive legal battle between Nintendo and Bandai, as Nintendo attempted to stop sales of Game Genie for the Nes in the courts. Nintendo lost, the Game Genie sold bucketloads, and the rest is history. However, for it to make an appearance on the vc, for the reasons listed above, is highly unlikely.

thisisgil said:
To be honest, I think it would be even more unlikely than Goldeneye on the vc....

There was a book all about Nintendo - Game Over (press start to continue) which I recommend as a good read for anybody interested in the history of Nintendo. One chapter in the book detailed a massive legal battle between Nintendo and Bandai, as Nintendo attempted to stop sales of Game Genie for the Nes in the courts. Nintendo lost, the Game Genie sold bucketloads, and the rest is history. However, for it to make an appearance on the vc, for the reasons listed above, is highly unlikely.
the game genie was published by bandie but created by code masters so if they made a disc that would launch the vc games from the codemasters created disc then it would very well work. since all cheating devices are created third party anyway

Its called action Replay, I bet when they make the Wii Action Replay there have VC games on there too or at least some of the more populor games (Zelda OOT, Mario Kart, Super Mario Brothers, etc.)

Back