Gears of War

ABC

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
NyC/Nj
Wii Online Code
1929-2278-1848-3419
Ok, I just bought this game last night for my XBox 360 and it is the best game I have played since Final Fantasy 9. Simply brilliant. Not only is the gameplay amazing but the graphics are thes best of any game on any system to date. Any one else play it yet?

It looks cool, but I really didn't like FF9....

A friend of mine says GoW is '10 times better than H2' - kinda hard to believe....

Nah, it's not hard to believe at all. The halo series cna't even come close to the complexity and grphics of Gears of War. The Halo campagin was just terrible! All levels looked the same, and same linear bullshit. Play this game and you will see. It's frigg'n fantastic.

Um... That's pretty harsh. I really enjoyed the Halo Campaign, and just about every FPS is going to be linear... at least, until Mass Effect comes out.

I don't think it's fair to call Halo terrible in relation to GoW until H3 comes out. H2 was limited on gfx because it was made for a much less powerful console.

I'll play it.... eventually - It sounds like a great game.

I got Gears of War 2 days ago. I would have to say: AMAZING GRAPHICS! Gameplay is also awesome but still does not compare to HL2 singleplayer. After playing a bit, i went online to see what other people said about it. Found some articles saying that Gears of War definitely has superior graphics but there were no innovations. It was just a regular third person shooter. Sure you have your chainsaw rifle among other cool weapons, but those come standard with all shooters.

Imo, GoW does have a great story but not as good as HL2, so far, at least. I've beaten HL2 singleplayer once already and it does have a great storyline and so does episode 1. But anyways, GoW does offer awesome gameplay and stuff, it is in now way a bad game.

It IS unbelieavibly amazing. COLDshiver, I was never a Halo fan, so to me, that game just sucked. I played Halo 1 and sure it was a great innovation for FPSs but Halo 2? What the hell, I felt like I was playing the same game. And now the screenshots and the "new content" in Halo 3 doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. YAY, you can reload with two hands. Yipee. Gears of War was a breath of fresh air and a huge step in the right direction.

i got this game 2 days ago also. it owns the hell out of halo2 (its up to par with halo1 though!). me and my friend beat it on Hardcore in like 7 hrs and are working through it on Insane (already half way through act 4). the game is short but has an amazing replay value. he multiplayer is just as awsome. the only thing i dont like about it is its multiplayer options. its just 3 diffrent versions of team deathmatch. no CTF or objective based and you only get one life. however it is EXTREAMLY fun. i hope they add more gametypes soon

Mitch2025 said:
i got this game 2 days ago also. it owns the hell out of halo2 (its up to par with halo1 though!). me and my friend beat it on Hardcore in like 7 hrs and are working through it on Insane (already half way through act 4). the game is short but has an amazing replay value. he multiplayer is just as awsome. the only thing i dont like about it is its multiplayer options. its just 3 diffrent versions of team deathmatch. no CTF or objective based and you only get one life. however it is EXTREAMLY fun. i hope they add more gametypes soon

Yeah, they are going to have alot of downloadable content for this game since it sold VERY well. I am already looking forward to part two.

Not to beat a dead horse, but exactly did you expect from Halo 2? A completely different game from Halo 1? I enjoyed Halo 2 for the story. I can't wait until it comes to PC and I can mod it out.

Inspire said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but exactly did you expect from Halo 2? A completely different game from Halo 1? I enjoyed Halo 2 for the story. I can't wait until it comes to PC and I can mod it out.

I expected alot more than they gave. The single player was terrible and the online was the same **** as multiplayer in H1. They are riding their wave of hype from H1 and I don't think it will last much longer past Halo 3. And people have the balls to say GoW is not innovative? You gotta be kidding me.

Yeah my DUMBASS friend bought Splinter Cell instead of Gears of War and Elder Scrolls Oblivion......danm what a freaking retard!

Joe said:
Yeah my DUMBASS friend bought Splinter Cell instead of Gears of War and Elder Scrolls Oblivion......danm what a freaking retard!

Oh man, what a dumb move. GoW is the reason why I am keeping my 360 and selling the Ps3 I am receiving on launch. Then just buying a Wii to go with my 360. It truly is THAT good of a game.

I expected alot more than they gave. The single player was terrible and the online was the same **** as multiplayer in H1. They are riding their wave of hype from H1 and I don't think it will last much longer past Halo 3. And people have the balls to say GoW is not innovative? You gotta be kidding me.

If Bungie completely changed their multiplayer for Halo 2, there would be an uproar from halo fans. If they kept it similar, other people would say it was the same as Halo 1. People bought Halo for it's gameplay style. Making major changes is a big risk since it could be welcomed or hated. After all, it's called Halo 2 and not another name. What would you expect?

When playing GoW, what innovation does it really offer that another FPS can't? I have, after around 6 hours with it, think it really doesn't add anything totally new for a shooter. But then again, it's a shooter and what you expect from a shooter is guns and blood. It does however have AMAZING graphics. I think i might sorta believe what the hypocritical EA said. If you read their comments, as graphics can and will sell a game as long as gameplay does not suck. But to finish, GoW is in no way a bad game, and imo deserves a 10/10 just because it looks so good on a 61' hdtv. Multiplayer aint bad either.

This morning just started playing more CoD3 :D Online war mode is just so fun and chaotic!

So many cool games coming out this month, CoD3, GoW, the Wii, Neverwinter Nights 2. So little time to play!

GoW offers a gameplay style like no other game released to date. You tell me when there is a shooter that has the perfect balance of N' gun and cover fire gameplay? Because I've never played a game like that. Ghost Recon was a tactical, cover fire shoter, not even close to GoW. I really think you are selling this game short, but hey, to each their own... and I wouldn't expect anything less from a Halo fan. ;)

Back