Wii_BrEnDo2007

Gran Turismo
Jan 3, 2007
Ecosse
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Yes tis confirmed for (contender for game of the year) mario kart:

ign

US, February 26, 2008 - Nintendo fans still hoping that the arrival of Mario Kart Wii will herald the beginning of voice chat support on the company's home console will have to put those hopes on hold for a while. The publisher's European subsidiary confirmed in an official Mario Kart Wii posting that players will only be able to communicate with each other via text chat, and not during matches.

"You can create rooms for friends to join and even text chat while you're waiting for other racers," Nintendo of Europe revealed.

Very likely, Mario Kart Wii will support a USB keyboard to communicate -- most of the Wii Channels do this already -- but we expect the majority of gamers will use a good old-fashioned Wii remote to input messages, such as "Bozon, you suck!' and "Craig, you're terrible!" or even, "How the hell is Casamassina so damned good at this game?" (The latter message will probably take some time using the Wii remote, but the importance of the statement should not be ignored.)

I told you guys that Mario Kart would have chat features, mostly I emphasized voice chat as a possibility. Nintendo said they are releasing voice chat in the future.

kinda disappointed. heck even dreamcast could do this 10 years ago.:yesnod: :mad5:

sagema said:
Nintendo said they are releasing voice chat in the future.
They did? Link please.

Its kool that they are adding voice chat. Its a step toward voice chat.

I swear I read this before, I assumed the rest of you knew already as well.
Must have been something else then, but in the preview for the game they talked about voice chat.

Oh well, it is better than nothing.

^Yea, I've been aware of text chat for a while now, but voice chat was only a rumor. It was never confirmed.

I like the IGN humour?

yeah other things were announced,

controlls,

wii mote in/out wheel

wiimote and nunchuck combo,

gamecube controller, were all announced

and its seperate channel, will hold leaderboards, and ghost data downloads, and tournaments

JAKE196 said:
cool, better than nothing.

Better than voice chat sometimes anyway, no one yelling in your ear.
deffinatley better than nothing! im way happy!!!

Im really happy with this. Finally its going in the direction of a real online game/service ;)

vashivihan said:
kinda disappointed. heck even dreamcast could do this 10 years ago.:yesnod: :mad5:

LOL! So true. When will Nintendo learn...

Anyway, so does anyone know if text chat is ONLY with friends or is it with strangers as well (random races)?

Why must Nintendo crawl to the inevitability that they'll implement voice chat with random strangers?

Back